Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun filled weekend

We had such beautiful weather last week. It got progressively warmer as the days went on, resulting in a 80+ degree day on Friday. My friends and I wanted to take advantage of it by going to the Arboretum. We all brought picnics and had such a relaxing couple of hours in the shade. All the kids got to roam as their hearts desired since we basically had a whole acre or more to ourselves. We will have to make a habit of going there. Especially with the azaleas possibly coming out this week.












That night, my sister Cami took Corrinne, and myself to get a pedicure for helping out with the kids during her birthday trip to NY. It was very generous of her and I deserved no such treatment for merely helping a sister out (and since KC did a lot of the work during the helping). But I obliged and enjoyed every second of the pampering and conversation. We had dinner, browsed the mall, and I called it a night instead of watching movies. I'm just not cut out for such late nights.

Saturday morning was Cami's baby shower. It was such a cute gathering with such creative games and delicious food. Cami has a lot of great friends. She's going to have a baby girl very soon. It will be so fun to have a little Turpin girl running around. Especially in this leopard print skirt I gave her.












That afternoon KC and I decided to stop at the Temple visitor center since we were in the neighborhood, and partly because our ward had an activity planned there. We were a little early, but stayed long enough to say hello to some friends, and see the beautiful flowers.












When we were done with our errands and pulling into the driveway, we got a call from the Drapers , KC's long time friends, with an invitation to dinner which had us freshening up and leaving again. Janine, the sibling, was in town with her sweet baby Cora, and we had to say hello. She is the most adorable child and we were delighted to spend time with them. We ate at a delicious Indian restaurant, and enjoyed the warm night by going to the park. Cora looked so awesome in her tie-die outfit. I couldn't stop smiling at her. We talked for too long, as per usual, after the kids went down, and said our goodbyes. What should've been a 15 minutes tops ride home, turned into over an hour with the parkway that we take home being closed right where we were supposed to get off. There are few things more annoying than being a few miles from home and completely stopped between hundreds of cars and no way to get out. I was not a happy camper. I feel claustrophobic in those situations. Poor KC, having to deal with me. He was constantly reassuring me that we would, indeed, get home someday, and everything would be fine. And you know, he was right. Silly me.












Sunday, not feeling quite up to par, I stayed home sleeping through most of the morning (thanks to my substitutes). When KC came home we spent another huge part of the day watching LOTR, Return of the Kings, extended edition (thanks for letting us borrow, Turpins). What a masterpiece. I hadn't seen it since the theaters, and was again blown away by everything I saw and learned, and remembered. It was quite a lot to take in, but worth the headache I had afterward from visual over stimulation. And what made it even better was the constant thunder rumbling outside all day. The best movie weather.

I did however, hear some unsettling news about the weather yesterday. Something about a tornado only a few miles away. Seriously, a school very close to a grocery store I used to go to, until they built one closer, is closed from so much damage. I am feeling very blessed to be safe and unharmed. I hope there were no injuries.

So, that is the extent of our weekend. There are tidbits here and there left out, to avoid boring you readers, but it was quite busy, and I'm quite exhausted. This week is another big week for us, so I'm going to try to get some things done today before I don't have time to do it later.

10 comments:

Cami said...

Wow! That WAS a busy weekend. I'm glad you got to relax a little bit. I STILL have never been to the arboretum. Maybe this summer with the pumpkin.

melody said...

Yikes about the tornado! But glad you had a good weekend. I think I will print those flower pictures for my bathroom, if you don't mind! Do you have any more?

Woods said...

How fun! I love the pedicures!! You look beautiful in the pictures!

Corinne said...

Hey, we are CUTE! It was lovely to spend time with you this weekend :)

Lili and Jeff said...

FUn times! We should get pedicures for my wedding when you come out! I know a place that does em for like five bucks! We need to have some kind of sisterly bonding time!

Kristy said...

Sounds like fun! Myles has settled for a walk around the neighborhood because it is still only 50-60 degrees.. Hopefully it will be warm soon

Sarah said...

Busy busy weekend. Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun filled, busy weekend. you look beautiful as usual, and that pedicure looks divine...I think I will go get one soon. ooh-I also just had the thought that you will be here in just a few short weeks. I can't to see you!

Susan said...

Oh man, I didn't realize what it treat it was to have you guys come with us Saturday night! I know it's ALWAYS a treat, but now I'm just amazed at how upbeat you managed to be the whole time!!

Amber said...

You guys sure pack it in! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks and have some of those crazy weekends here!!!