Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Still waiting...

Dumb Comcast. We can't seem to get them to get our internet up and running. I'm getting annoyed, but still surviving.

On another annoying note, our Satellite tv will be taken away this week. The landlord said she would cut the cost of rent pretty considerably (from what she just raised it to) if we didn't mind canceling the tv, and internet. As much as I like to say that I can live happily without it, I will be very sad to not have Lifetime anymore. I also like Bravo, The Style Network, and on occasion the Food Network. Last night I was watching something on LMN and it dawned on me that it could very well be my last for quite sometime. KC said it looked my my puppy just died. Pathetic, I know. I am really needing some relax time lately and it is my default. We also have really enjoyed having conference in the comfort of our own home. I just can't convince myself to make us pay the extra  money she would add on to keep it, so I suppose it is for the best.  And I guess it is really the best time to be without cable, since the internet can produce almost anything that the tv airs. It is where I watch my faves anyway. I probably won't even notice it's gone with the net comes back, but while it's been gone, my channels and I have become pretty close. So hopefully we have the internet by next weekend, or we are really out of luck with conference and might actually have to leave the house to watch it (gasp!). Hopefully we at least have the few major networks.  I also think I'll really get our money's worth from our Netflix plan with their live streaming movies. And now hulu.com (sp?) is all the buzz, so I'll have to check it out.  I might actually read more that I do now. Hmm, I'll probably just do more baking. I know, a lot of you don't have tv, so you don't have any sympathy and should happy to know I am joining the crowd. I'm actually a tiny bit glad this habit is being broken for me. 

10 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, it is a nice break. Still, you will just have to come over here more often. I'll record some LMN for you.

You can come to any and all sessions of conference at our house. :)

Anonymous said...

If you're going with Comcast internet, you may be able to get cable tv for cheap. We signed up for the $15 cable package and they reduced the price of the internet package to $45 (from $60). Without the cable package we would have had to pay $60 just for internet. Even though it's their most basic package, we still get 80 or so channels including Style and some of the others you mentioned.

Tracie Frost said...

OH - so sad! But I'm glad you have your rent back to where it was. Any news on the other place?

I hope you get internet soon b/c I need to see pics of this year's White House Easter Egg roll THAT YOU WENT TO WITHOUT ME!!!! :)

ComcastCares1 said...

I am sorry to learn about the problems you are experiencing with your internet service. On behalf of Comcast, I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will be happy to reach out to my contacts to get this resolved for you. If it is okay with you, will you please provide your account address or phone number so that we may address the issue?

Thanks in advance for giving us the opportunity to assist!

Sincerely,

Mark C.
Comcast Executive Offices
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com
215 286 1700

Kristy said...

Oh man, I missed LMN so much when we cut TV!

Woods said...

something was wrong with my tv not too long ago and I hated it, but at the same time I got so many things done around the house. I actually started to enjoy it a little.

The Hunsakers said...

Okay, the random apology from comcast is weird. Do they just randomly search blogs for any mention of them, or am I missing something here? I have been cable free since I married 3 years ago and it is actually okay. But if I didn't live in Utah I would want it to keep from watching conference at the church- that would kill me.

Merinda Reeder said...

TV free by choice, but if I went a week without the internet, as you have bravely done, then I'd really be in sad shape.

Amber said...

Wow, that would be a hard thing around here. What would Jordan do without his sports channels, and Todd without his golf channels and the girls without thier horrid shows, and what about the America's Next Top Model re-runs? Just kidding, I have really been trying to cut down myself. Reading is much better for your brain, but what if your eyes are tired? Yes, good thing for Netflix and soon the internet will be fixed for you and you can watch all the shows you want! The fun times will be back soon!

Drew said...

OMG, how do you get by without the TV or internet? I mean, it's a good time to do "more worthwhile" things and whatever, but seriously, when you're home alone a lot of the time, it can be a really useful thing to have around. Well, good luck and call anytime!