Thursday, March 13, 2008

Me vs. He

I got tagged by Mari, so I think I'll do it with a bit of a twist. Since KC has yet to post on "our" blog, I think I'll try to guess what he would answer to these questions as well. He'll let us all know how close I got.

Emily

A - Attached or Single: Very much attached.
B - Best Friends: KC, Melody
C - Cake or Pie: Cake-hot out of the oven with it's perfect pair, ice cream.
D - Day of choice: Friday. Sometimes my stomach even does a little turn on Friday afternoon knowing it's the weekend and the prospect of doing something different and fun, even if it's just getting Chipotle. It must still be with me from high school when I lived for Fridays.
E - Essential Item: The internet/my laptop, and camera. Oh where would I be...
F - Favorite Color: I suppose blue. It seems calming. Though this question is silly. Who can really choose.
G - Gummy Bears or Worms: Bears. I loved it when my dad would buy the 5 lb. bag and we'd eat them by the handfuls. The pink ones are the best.
H - Hometown: Pleasant Grove, UT.
I - Indulgence(s): Sweets-Doughnuts (I probably have these item once a year), almond croissants from Bonaparte Breads, chocolate dipped macaroons and Pina Coladas (most coconut flavored desserts.) Homemade Ice cream is also on top. I like to eat as much as I want, choosing to forget it is pure cream. Non-sweets- Bloomin' onion or equivalent, and carrabas bread and dipping herb oil.
J - January or July: July. As much as I hate the humidity, I love my flip flops.
K - Kids: YES! Just not yet.
L - Life is incomplete without: KC, red shoes (for every season), and Aldi ( That was for you Matty.)
M - Marriage Date: March 4 2006
N - Number of Siblings: 6- 2 brothers, 4 sisters
O - Oranges or Apples: Oranges. I feel like they are such a luxury sometimes. The perfect fruit. It comes in it's own little container and doesn't bruise.
P - Phobias or Fears: Sharks, and a lot more, I just feel like I'll jinx myself if I mention them.
Q - Quotes: "The harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph." -Thomas Paine (I'm keeping Marianne's, it's so true.)
R - Reason to smile: Last Tuesday!
S - Season: Usually Fall, but I am seriously needing some bright flowers, and warm sunlight in my life. Spring wins this one.
T - Tag Three Friends/Family: Molly (I'm tagging you until you actually do one. I think this makes three), Tracie, Matt.
U - Unknown fact about me: Jason Castro is my favorite American Idol Contestant so far. I like his unique voice. Who said you have to belt every note to win? I like the new sounds this year. I was losing a little faith in the show for the past couple seasons. It's gripped me this time.
V - Very favorite store: H&M lately. You can't beat their sales. Or their low prices on non-sale merchandise if you are willing. You can buy such uniques styles for a great deal. I.e. a fun dress for 5 dollars. My kind of store. although, it's conditioned me to not go above their sale prices when I go anywhere else. So now I'm stuck in super-bargain mode wherever I go.
W - Worst habit: Getting too comfortable on the couch under my electric blanket and staying there way too long.
X - X-ray or Ultrasound: Silly, but I suppose the only option for X. I've had many ultrasounds so I suppose that is how to answer the question.
Y - Your favorite food: A perfectly ripe mango or pineapple, nachos, or anything mexican, loaded with everything. Those short ribs, etc. I had on my anniversary were pretty dang good. I also think a good yolky breaskast sandiwch always hits the spot. This changes a lot. What if I haven't tried my favorite food yet?
Z - Zodiac: Libra. Meh.


KC (in Emily's words)

A - Attached or Single: Attached to the love of my life.
B - Best Friends: Emily, Nate, Neil, Scott (college buddies)
C - Cake or Pie: Cake, d.o.c.
D - Day of choice: Saturday, my one day to sleep in even though Emily usually wakes me up before I want to. It's nice to wake up that way anyway.
E - Essential Item: Cell Phone so Emily can call me at a moments notice. Settlers online.
F - Favorite Color: Brown
G - Gummy Bears or Worms: Bears, but I love fruit snacks better.
H - Hometown: I grew up a lot of places, but my parents reside in Provo, UT.
I - Indulgence(s): A huge bag or Goldfish crackers, ice cream with malt sprinkled on top, anything my wife put thought and love into.
J - January or July: January, it's my birthday month.
K - Kids: I can't wait to be a dad. Kids gravitate to me wherever I go. I think it's a good sign.
L - Life is incomplete without: ukulele music
M - Marriage Date: March 4, 2006. Emily says I looked smokin' in my tux that day.
N - Number of Siblings: 3 sisters. They taught me to be the sensetive, and stylish man that I am. O - Oranges or Apples: Oranges. I had some fresh squeezed juice this morning.
P - Phobias or Fears: I don't like giving blood, but I don't know if it qualifies. I'm not scared of anything (said in a super hero voice)
Q - Quotes: "Fear is the opposite of faith." (Not sure who said it.) I say it to Emily all the time and it really puts her at ease.
R - Reason to smile: When Emily take initiative on a car maintenance issue and I don't have to worry about it at all.
S - Season: I like the pros and cons of each season. They all have a purpose so I'm not going to get in particulars.
T - Tag Three Friends/Family: Anyone that would like to. I don't like to ask people to do anything they don't feel inclined to do.
U - Unknown fact about me: I take a long time to reach a decision on most things. Emily usually ends up getting her way because she makes decisions faster. I think in some instances she has learned that the slow and steady win the race.
V - Very favorite store: I love the quality of Banana Republic clothes. But I don't indulge very often.
W - Worst habit: Sleeping past my alarm.
X - X-ray or Ultrasound: Weird. I guess I've only had an x-ray.
Y - Your favorite food: I am not a picky eater at all. Emily is very grateful that she can make whatever she wants, and I'll be happy with it. But when she makes pizza, or chicken pot pie with my favorite crust I'm all the happier. I also love fresh fish or a good juicy medium steak.
Z - Zodiac: Aquarius. Don't believe in it.

Okay, I am not sure on quite a few of these, but it was fun and interesting to see how much I know, or didn't know, about him. We'll see if he needs/wants/cares to correct me on any of these.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun. Hope all is going well in your life for both of you.

Amber said...

Those were cute, and I'm sure you answered right for K.C. That would have been no fun if you married a picky eater. Phew!

Marianne said...

ha ha i should have known you would go into culinary arts the first time i saw your incredible talent of peeling and orange. good sport.

Cami said...

Those were fun. Kids DO gravitate toward KC and it sounded just like him. You do make a mean cake, but I'm all for your pie-like items with almost paste and what-not. I did that orange trick the other day and gave Jeffy the empty peel all put back together--he thought it was pretty funny. But I'm with you--it's the perfect fruit.

Emily said...

KC read it and pointed our many wrongs, but still had a good reaction. He didn't mention it but I realized I shouldn't have decided that his favorite store was a clothing store, but that is where my head was. He probably likes some kind of electronics store or something. Maybe he'll clear a few of these up. maybe not.

melody said...

You are so good at responding to tags. I think I will do this one as well. (I usually like to do mine before reading yours to see how many we have in common. But I was too interested this time!) Totally fun that you did KC's. I think I will do Jonny's as well, if I can get to it before the end of Julia's nap!

Woods said...

Wow, I could never do that for Kev and we've been married for a while now. I'm impressed. It sure was fun to read.