Friday, March 21, 2008

Today is the Day!!

At long last, Drew is coming home. It makes sense since we left only a few days after KC and I got married, but it still feels like he left only yesterday. But we've each been tracking the days of our exciting milestones together. (He was really good at remembering to send us anniversary cards.) He is flying home to Utah from his Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Hmong speaking mission this very day. He has been the most faithful letter writer and I really feel that our relationship has become closer without hardly any phone calls or face to face contact. Drew is such a great person to go to when you need to vent. He's so understanding and has been through a lot of hard things in his life. He is the perfect example of how to grow through them and become stronger. I can't wait to hear more about his relationship with the Lord and how he has grown even more.

Lili has been doing "Sibling Chronicles" on her blog in the last little while and has lately covered Drew. They have a very weirdly special and sweet relationship that really makes me laugh. You'll have to read it if you really want an in depth look into their little kinship, but beware. Although not to their extent. I always felt Drew and I have a close relationship. Probably because we would always fight as kids. I just feel like we have lots of inside jokes and could just mention a few and laugh for hours on end. He must just know how to make any situation fun, because I'm sure a lot of people see this in him too.

I'm sad to not be able to give him the hugest huge of all time today when we arrives, but soon enough we'll be at Elise's wedding for the big reunion. And maybe he'll make a trip here too. I think that is what we are planning for him. Like Cami said in her blog, and I've been saying since the blogs have started, they are a great way to him to catch up on what's been going on in all of our worlds at his own pace, should he so desire. That way we are not all bombarding him with pictures and conversations for all the fun, or just regular things that have happened in our lives that we didn't want to bore him with in the letters we sent. He can leisurely browse through the hundreds of posts. Think of it: Julia was born, Lili got engaged, Mom went back to school, Matt and Courtney lived in Maryland, Amber's and Cami's kids have grown like weeds, and... he can even see what I have made for dinner last weekend (alright, nothing much has changed with us, but I know he'll appreciate this post). Anyway, it is a great way to catch him up and I can't wait for him to start one of his own so I can hear his words of wisdom.

I am awaiting your call Drew! I love you!

(I have been trying tirelessly to post a song that Drew and I recorded together, but I am not good at that kind of stuff. If anyone wants to help me get a song from itunes to my blog, let me know. )

4 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

It is going to be so exciting!!! Don't forget I hadn't even graduated from high school when Drew left! CRAZY! So many things have happened. I can't believe drew hasn't even seen Melody's baby and he hasn't MET MY FIANCE!!! We are going to have to catch him up big time.

And don't forget the HP movie AND last book he missed...

Cluff Family said...

Congratulations to Drew! I an't believe he is home! Hey where in your Costco is the aged white chedder located? I cannot find it in ours.

Sarah said...

Wow! I can't believe it. I remember Drew being one of the kindest men I have ever met. he was always so sincerly intersted in you. I am glad that he gets to come home and see his very different family now!

Drew said...

Huzzah, a post about ME! I love you Emily! Check out my NNNEEEEWWWW blog!!! Ha. I am just like you all now.