Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm doing us a favor.

One of my favorite things about any holiday is buying things/especially candy, on clearance the week after. I resisted buying a lot of candy for our baskets, in hopes of buying more after the fact. I have been a little busy, but no too busy to buy my favorite little Cadbury eggs, etc. I may still go, but am sitting on the fence. Maybe it's for the best? But there are just shelves filled with delicious Easter candy at 75% off. If I keep writing, I'll begin salivating, making it hard to keep this decision of bypassing the tempting tradition. I think our bodies will thank us if I stay strong.

10 comments:

Hannah said...

I love those Cadbury eggs too! Yum!

Cami said...

Stay strong, Em. You can do it!!

Cami said...

Stay strong, Em. You can do it!!

Merinda Reeder said...

I cracked and bought, but not too much. Good luck to your resolve.

Unknown said...

funny you should post about this. Just yesterday I was at the store sitting in the easter aisle contemplating whether or not to buy some candy. I resisted because I thought...hmmm, do my thighs really need this? stay stong, you can do it!!

Woods said...

Oh man, I couldn't find cadbury eggs anywhere the other day. I love those things.

Kenny and Janelle said...

Hi KC and Emily! It's Janelle from KC's old Dev ward! Mmmm...I, too, love Cadbury eggs and feel that on sale or not they are worth the money:-)
P.S. Come visit our blog..we are now in WY! kennyandjanelle.blogspot.com

Lili and Jeff said...

Post holiday discount candy is the best. If you don't mind waiting a few days, then it is totally worth it. Sometimes I just have i just save up and have it on hand. I am still getting rid of Christmas candy! Sometimes you just need a fix, eh? I say stock up!

Nadia and Jeremy said...

Totally random...you don't us, but my husband and I were good friends/neighbors with KC back in Provo. We still keep in touch with Scott and Sidra and found your blog off of theirs (plus she also showed me it when we visited them this past summer). Will you tell KC that I say "Hi"? Plus I think you and I would totally get along...I loved to use KC, Burke, Scott and Neal as my guinea pigs for all my food experiments. Thanks =)

stacia said...

good for you em! i am not so strong... besides easter candy is probably my favorite holiday candy since it really is all chocolate...yum!