Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Very Fruitful


Lately I can't stop buying fruit. I usually only buy us one or two varieties at a time since, there being only two of us, I don't want it to go bad. Although, when they are getting on the ripe side, I do love the excuse to use them up in some kind of dessert. Anyway, for some reason, I just keep buying different kinds. It must be the good deals at Aldi, (pineapple: $1.99, etc.), or maybe my body is craving more fresh fruit, but I just can't help myself. Not to mention the frozen strawberries and mixed berries I have in the freezer for smoothies. I love blending them with chocolate soy milk. It was just funny when I saw all that had accumulated over the past week or so. But I'm not complaining, I'll find ways to use it right up in no time. Oh, and I am calling avocados a fruit in this circumstance.

One more thing. This is about the cute guy I live with. Yesterday was a little bit of a rough one so I wasn't quite in the mood to make dinner. KC was late coming home from work, so knowing he'd probably be good and hungry, I thought I'd just throw some potatoes in the microwave and do the whole sour cream, cheese, bacon thing (I did not neglect the parsley garnish). I put what to me seemed like a pitiful meal together and KC's face lit up and he couldn't stop saying how good it smelled. He told me that there wasn't a better, more wholesome tasting and warm thing I could've made for him at that moment. After his dinner had rapidly disappeared, he asked if I wanted to put this picture on my food blog and I turned around to find him with a huge smile on his face and a plate that was licked clean. If my mood was right, I'd have been all over that. He's always making me chuckle. He was even more happy to wash it down fruit salad of strawberries, oranges, bananas, and mangoes tossed with pina colada juice. It doesn't take much to please my boy. What would I do without such appreciation and gratitude. More on him later as yesterday was our two year anniversary.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for good fruit and good husbands!! Speaking of good food- I made your maple glazed salmon last night and it was a huge hit, so delicious! instead of the rice I sauted red peppers with olive oil and then mixed it up with orzo pasta and spinach...the flavors all complimented each other very nicely!

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to your story. I'm not nearly as talented in cooking as you of course, but is seems like the nights when I just throw something together are Andy's favorites. And then those times when I really make an effort to make a good meal, it's "ok." I think it's funny. That's a very cute story. And by the way, that post that says "see here or here" - do you know that person? I've been getting weird comments on my blog and so i enabled comment moderation... just wondering.

Sarah said...

What a sweet husband to be able to tell when you really needed. You are fruitful, especially with that husband you picked. :) Congrats on 2 years.

Cami said...

Happy Anniversary!!! He works very hard, and so do you. I consider baked potatoes to be a perfect ligitimate meal.

Tracie Frost said...

OH!! That is SO sweet! You do have a jewel. And so does he! I'm going through a fruit thing too - I think it's the warmer weather.