Friday, September 25, 2009

All's well.

The babies continue to do great, and get cuter by the day, if I do say so. Ruby is still on the cannula, but it's pretty much room air. They say she too good of a weight gainer, and she likes a little help to breath because of it. But it's nothing they are concerned about. In fact, when I get my updates from the doctor everyday, she is always happy to report that she doesn't have much to report. We just need them to get fat. In fact, every time I say goodbye, I instruct them to do just that. I'm sure they'll be obedient little children.

We've started a routine now that I'm walking a little easier, and feeling better,(even if it does feel like I still have a ways to go as far as recovery). KC drops me off in the morning on his way to work, and picks me up at lunch. It seems to work out quite well, and I get to see KC during the day, which I love. But as soon as I have my new car, and am given the ok to drive again, it should be even easier. I get a good few hours with the kiddies, during which I hold at least one of them, change all their diapers, take all the temperatures, take advantage of the pumping room a couple times, and take way too many pictures. It's getting harder and harder to say goodbye. But KC and I try to make a nightly visit as well, so I don't have to wait too long in between visits. Sometimes I just want them home so bad. But of course I want them bigger and less fragile, so I can wait. Also, as bad as I want them here with me, I sometimes panic about what my life is going to turn into. I know it is going to be the best time of my life yet, but I am also well aware of how extremely busy, and crazy I am going to be. I just need to establish a routine, and luckily I have time to figure that out. I really want to take advantage of this time, and get my much needed afternoon nap while I have the chance. They are in good hands, and I am so grateful.

Anyway, enough of that. Here are some recent videos. I just wish I could reach into my computer screen and kiss their little cheeks!

Here's Alex right after the nurse gave him his little sponge bath. He had some cool hair going on. Such a handsome guy. (And btw, when I tell the babies to say hi, I know they can't. I'm just making conversation.)


Here is Bennett. He greeted me with those bright eyes this morning when I walked in. In fact, it seemed everyone that came in seemed to notice him looking around the room. Quite the people pleaser.


And here is my little sweet Ruby. She and I had some cuddle time today, and it was afterward that she decided to wake up and show us those big pretty eyes. (Please excuse the nurses comment. She didn't know I was taking a video. Ha.)

10 comments:

Merinda Reeder said...

what sweet babies. :)

Amber said...

OH my word you are making me baby hungry. They are seriously so so cute. I want to kiss there faces off! Thank you for sharing your sweet bundles of joy with us. I can't wait to watch the three of them grow up!! Super fun.

Janice said...

I could eat them up - so precious. Thank you. Great times at our house today - soon enough you will see.

Unknown said...

Oh I just love all the updates and seeing them! and you are so great to take video and sorts we got pictures in the nicu but I didnt even think to take video. so fun!

Cami said...

OH so cute! I want to snuggle them all!

Karlene said...

Sweet little peanuts! Love the videos!

Unknown said...

they are all so cute. i think they are looking like the both of you more and more! it's fun to see their different personalities come out.

Unknown said...

Yep, cute, all.

Kristy said...

Thanks for the videos! It is fun to see them grow. What are their sizes now?

Kassi said...

It is so nice to hear that they are doing great! I am so happy for you and your family.