Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another bulleted post because that seems easiest right now.

*Apparently, it's been really busy here the past couple of days because everyone wanted to get induced to have their babies on 9-9-09. Silly, if you ask me.

*Yesterday I got so sick of eating in bed, partially lying down, that I rebelled and sat at the table for lunch and dinner! I felt a little normal for a second there.

*Mom and I spent a good portion of yesterday shopping online. I didn't end up buying anything, but she had quite a successful shopping trip.

*When I ran out of my beloved Unisom, they started me on Ambien, and it just doesn't work the same. I wake up at about 3:30 every night, and can't get back to sleep for a couple hours. I also have to take medications, and have vital signs taken in the middle of the night, so sometimes that wakes me up for a while too. Maybe I'll ask for a double dose.

*Has anyone been watching Jeopardy lately? They are showing re-runs until they start the new season, I guess. I was just telling KC that I wanted to watch some really old episodes when one came on the other day. It was so retro and cool. I loved seeing how the game, and Alex have evolved. Jeopardy is a highlight of my evenings. They had a Ken Jennings episode last night. Wow.

*Turing over in bed is near impossible to accomplish these days without a lot of moaning involved. But I can also laugh at the situation since it's ridiculous that something that should be so easy is so difficult.

*Mom came back from her walk to the store yesterday with all the makings for a giant paper chain. She cut and stapled enough to get us to 34 weeks. Whoa. I know it's supposed to be encouraging, but it looks like a really long chain to me. It's still fun to look at, and the staff thinks it's quite funny.

*KC picked me up some of my favorite take-out for dinner yesterday, Lebanese Taverna. Those grape leaves are so delicious. I couldn't eat much due to babies squishing my stomach, but what I did eat was a very welcomed change from my normal food choices. The poor guy was stuck in traffic forever to get it for me. What a sweetheart.

*We had a sonogram this morning, and it looks like I've been stable for over a week now. The doctor and the sonographer were very glad to see that. The babies are gaining weight as they should. My doctor even said, depending on how things look next week, we can schedule the c-section for 34 weeks! I'll also get another set of steroid shots for the lungs. When I got the first set, they told me that they'd administer another set if me made it to 31 weeks. I laughed when they said that because I never really let myself imagine that we'd make it to that point, so this is crazy to me.

*Thanks for all the sweet comments from friends and strangers. You are all so kind to be thinking about us, and praying for us. I'm sorry for my lack of comments. Typing is kind of a big job with all the sitting up and situating it requires. I love all your blog updates, and am always so thankful to have fun things to read, even if I don't comment to say so. I'm so glad I can keep up with all of you, especially now while I feel a little isolated. Keep the posts coming!

15 comments:

Drew said...

I like bulleted posts. Many things going on for you, I think the paper chain will be a help in the long run, remember how quickly the Christmas ones go down? Also, I remember a lot of people getting married on 08/08/08 last year too, which is so silly (including one of my best friends, though he insists their choice of that day was purely coincidental). Enjoy your pudding!

Unknown said...

Good post. And good for you keeping your spirits up.

Sarah said...

Love the updates. I talk about you all the time at work - everyone is very impressed!
Sorry rolling over is so hard. Did they switch you to nifedipine? Hope all is well! Wahoo for the 30's!!!

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I check almost every day for updates!! this is so exciting for you guys and I love hearing about it. keep sharing and I rxpect TONS of pics when these babes make their debut

Kassi said...

I have been keeping up with you but I haven't been commenting because I didn't now what to say. I am so happy that your babies have been stable and even more happy that you are going to have "late triplets"!!!!!!!! I love reading your blog!

Corinne said...

If I didn't see a post today, I was going to call you and make sure all was well :) You seem very taken care of and I LOVE how well those little pumpkins are doing. I think of you every day :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Melody!! I'm glad you are doing so well. You can do it!!

Luci said...

Grow, babies, grow!! :)

melody said...

Would KC mind picking up some of those grape leaf wraps for me next time? (I wish. Better yet, we can get some when Lili and I come in December. A reunion!) Anyway, I love reading your bullet-ed updates, even though I know most of it already. Sounds like you just might be getting better sleep AFTER the babies are born. That's quite something. Keep it up, Em. You are doing an amazing thing. You too, KC and Mom. What a great team you three make!

Unknown said...

I too like the bulleted posts, probably makes things a little easier and faster for you! Im so glad you made it to the 30's you are doing great! I was watching a baby story today and a lady on there was pregnant with triplet and carried them to 35 1/2 weeks and had a scheduled c/s and all the babies were in the 5 1/2 pound range and were great! so there is some possitive thinking for you! oh the joys of kids! I am serioulsy so excited for you and casey! and so glad you have been able to make it this far. Make sure you take a picture of that chain so you can share it with little ones! You are so awesome and such a trooper! luvs! oh and ps I love the onsies on the board too!

Tracie Frost said...

I seriously hold my breath every time I go to check your blog! Thirty weeks is AWESOME!! You are amazing! What a fun idea, that paper chain. Wish I'd thought of that! And wish I'd been there for the Lebanese Taverna. Man, I miss that place . . .

Woods said...

I love love love reading your posts! I can't believe you are 30 weeks now. I'm sure it didn't come quick for you! I think about you everyday and I love hearing the latest. Thanks for sharing it with us. We love you and are praying like crazy for you!

Wendy K said...

It's great that you have found things to do there like watching Jeopardy so that you're not utterly board. Steve likes Jeopardy but it's pointless facts/questions drive me crazy. Although, I like to make personality judgments on each of the contestants and pick the one that I hate the least to win. :)

Jonny said...

I saw two episodes of Jeopardy this week. Did you see the retro one with the blind champion? Crazy how he could keep track of the board w/o seeing it.

Wendy K said...

I woke up a 3 AM myself this morning only to catch Steve just coming to bed! Naughty naughty boy.