Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our little people.

The babies have gone through quite a lot of changes in the past few days. Let's see if I can list them all:
  • They all started wearing real clothes. They are seeing if they can keep their body temperature up. They look so amazingly cute in their tiny preemie outfits, that I am surprised they fit in pretty well.
  • They got their first tub baths, instead of sponge baths this week. We missed Bennett's, but got there in time to watch Alex's and give Ruby hers. Alex loved relaxing in the warm water, but Ruby doesn't prefer being so exposed. She'll learn to love baths someday. They look especially tiny when they are all naked, but they sure can cry.
  • We have started to teach them all to bottle/breast feed. They are doing pretty well, being so young. Someone at the hospital works with them on the bottle feeding, but I of course do the nursing. I love the time I get with them, even if they are just learning, and not being very productive. They'll get the hang of it one of these days.
  • They all got their first piece of mail, their social security cards. Did anyone else get weirded-out when they got mail with their new baby's name on it? It makes them such real people. I love it!
  • I found out that when Alex sneezes, he does like 10 in a row. So cute. Also, Bennett smiles more than anyone else (I know their not real smiles, okay, but I love them anyway). And Ruby has her mommy's scowl/worried face. But she also has the biggest eyes. I love her wandering eyes.
  • They are a very popular bunch in that nicu home of theirs. Being the only triplets right now (and I'm sure it also has to do with how cute they are, but that's just me) they have quite the following. I'm glad they are making friends.
  • Mommy LOVES her afternoon nap. As easy as it may seem with them being cared for right now, I am quite busy while I'm there for several hours every day. I may be gaining some strength back, but I am still on the mend. And add all the new jobs I'm getting when I go to see them into the equation, makes me pretty tired by the time I get home. I'm going to take advantage of my quiet house while I can, but I can't wait to hear their noises ringing though the halls.
So that's the haps around here. We are way overdue for some new pictures. Let's see what goodies I have for you:

Alex

First bath.
Cool hair after bath.


Bennett

All of their gavage tubes have since been moved to their noses so they can learn to nurse and bottle feed.
Looking at mommy from his little window.



Ruby


Getting warm after her first bath.Yep, Ruby still has that silly cannula. She likes it too much to let it go. But we might convince her she can do without it later this week. Fingers crossed.

So there you go. We love these babies more and more everyday. I get butterflies when we arrive at the hospital everyday.

11 comments:

Janice said...

Looks like a smile to me! I'll memorize it for sure Ruby dear.
And getting to wear clothes - that's great.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Very exciting. It seems that when their your own children, anything no matter how small is so huge and special. they are looking bigger for sure!

melody said...

Yes! Pictures! I love to see these babies. I love it I love it.

Sarah said...

Oh cute babies.
One thing you might be able to try... if they will let you... we would bathe them wrapped in warm blankets and then just expose the appendage we were washing at the time. The babies loved it.

Unknown said...

Neat to read about their progress. And how you're on the mend.

erika said...

What a beautiful bunch! I'm happy to hear that you are on the mend! Take care of yourself...and those babies!

Matt said...

I love this. Look at their cute expressions. Yay for new people!

Cami said...

OH! The baths. It's so funny how they already have their little personalities, isn't it? I can't wait to see them in their little clothes. Cuties!

Also, I was running to a song called "Ruby Blue" today and thought of my little niecey.

Unknown said...

Oh they are still cute as ever! I love seeing pictures of them they change so much! and it sounds like you are making great progress! so glad!

Unknown said...

Darling pictures. I especially love that tummy sleeping picture, so precious!

Tracie Frost said...

I love that picture of Ruby with her little hands together by her head. I'm so glad you're resting, but I know you hate to leave those precious, beautiful little bundles!