Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Just like ridin' a bike.

It's the end of an era folks. Or maybe it's the beginning. I guess it's both. Anyway, after about three months of not driving, I am back in the driver's seat, and it's as if I never left. But not just any driver's seat. The driver's seat of a minivan. I am a mom who drives a minivan. Weird. I remember when we found out we were having triplets, we started thinking about all the changes we were going to have to make, and the car situation was a big one. I couldn't believe I was going to have a car full of kids, and here we are.

We bought it last night, and since then, I have felt a free as a bird. Of course, I wasn't advised to drive or even feeling up to it until about a week ago. But this past week, I have felt like we really needed to get me a car soon if we wanted to get anything done before the babies get home. It seems when KC comes home we had to either have to decide to do something like go to Costco, or go see the babies. Guess what we always choose. Yep, the babies always win. And we go without milk and eggs another day because of their irresistible faces. Or I just have KC go on his way home from work, but that delays dinner, and delays our trip to the hospital, making have a very late bedtime. Either way, it's just a little inconvenient. But now, I can just go to the store on the way home from my daytime visit to the babes. Hooray! I already have a list a mile long of places to go, and things to do while I still can. I better get crackin'.

KC has been car selling/shopping for months, and with it being a difficult market, it was quite a task. And even though I didn't want to be too picky about certain makes/models, or features that fancy vans have these days, KC certainly pulled through finding me something that doesn't make me too sad to not have my beloved Accord anymore. Those power sliding doors will certainly come in handy, I can already tell.

Now, we better install those car seat bases.

8 comments:

Susan said...

I bet that must feel good to be behind the wheel again! Glad you're feeling better and better. So what van did KC get you?

Standard of Liberty said...

Hurray! Good job, KC!

Kassi said...

Congrats! New cars are so fun even if it is a minivan. It will be so fun to see those three sweet faces in your minivan when you take them home. I am sure you will take a picture and share it with all of us, right?!

melody said...

Oh, hooray! KC found the van. It's strange to hear any news first from your blog! I guess we haven't talked on the phone yet today. Weird. I will call you soon for sure.

Amber said...

Sweet! I actually love my van (someday I'll have to get it back from the fixie place...)Anyway, it feels like driving a car and isn't hard to get in or put kids in. I don't love those gas guzzeling SUV's myself, give me an awesome van anyday!

Unknown said...

oh yea! now one less thing to worry about! oh and by the way I would just put the bases in the van dont secure them, Im not sure how they operate there at that nicu but the twins had to sit in their car seat with bases in the hospital for the duration of how long it took us to get home.. maybe it was because we live further away who knows! but they may have to do the same thing. but definatly put them in there. well I guess you could install them seeming how carseats aren't hard to put in and out of vehicles anymore! oh I am so glad they are in open cribs now how exciting!

Sarah said...

So what kind did you get? I know it seems weird... but I am kind of excited to be one of those moms.

Cami said...

YAY! I love a minivan, and automatic doors are the best, especially when they're older, or when you're holding two car seat--ok, always.