Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The latest goings on.

So, I have some catching up to do. I have a feeling these blog posts will be a lot more concise as I get busier/more tired, so aren't you glad you don't have to read through my rants and ramblings much longer? Well, I might sneak a long post in now and then. Anyway, Here's what's been going on over in these parts.

Visitors:
The babies have had a lot of visitors lately. KC's mom and dad came to meet the crew last weekend. Now the babies have met all their grandparents. These little ones will never have a lack of attention. We had a few fun days while they all got to know each other.

Janice with Alex
KC and Clyde with Bennett and Alex. (Sorry Ruby, I don't have any picture of you with G and G Robinson.)
My Grandmother, and Aunt Eileen swung by during their East Coast travels. I was so glad they could make it, since I have no idea when Grandmother would've seen seen them, living in Utah. It may be a long time before we travel with this little family of ours.

Grandmother with Bennett
Eileen with Ruby and Alex
My sister Cami also came to join the fun a few days later. Remember how she used to live here? Yeah, it was fun to pretend she did again. She took some beautiful pictures of my loves while she was here, (I used a couple in the previous post.) I'll give you a slide show to ooh, and aah over later on. I can't wait for the rest of my siblings to meet their new niece and nephews.

Alex
Bennett

Ruby
Baby shower:
I have some pretty amazing friends. They have been with me on this fertility journey from the very beginning. The support has been never-ending whether it was during IVF, adoption, pregnancy, or mothering. Saying all that makes me seem like the neediest, most high-maintenance friend you could ask for (which is probably true), but they have always been there to listen to me, pray for me, or lend a hand if I needed one. A few of them threw me a most wonderful shower. It has had to be postponed a couple times for obvious reasons, but it finally happened, and was a blast. I still couldn't believe it was me and my babies that the shower was for. Everyone was so generous, and I have some serious thank you note writing to do. Though, thank you will never be enough to some special people that have done so much for me. I don't think I deserve such loyal and loving girls in my life. Anyway, it was very memorable, and we are well stocked for these babies!

Jeans:
I bought jeans. And they fit. This deserves it's own category, as I thought it would never happen. Yes, they are bigger than I was before, and they are pretty dang tight in areas, but at least I can look a tiny bit put together if I must. Of course the yoga pant get put right on the second I come home.

Turing 25:
My birthday was Monday, and I must say, I actually forgot about it for the few days leading up to it. I guess I can see how these sort of things can really take a back seat when you throw kids into the mix. And it was a little sad that Melody wasn't here (but she's coming in a few weeks, so not too sad), though we did talk a couple times, and I was serenaded by the Rejholec family, including Juju, singing Happy Birthday. Definitely a highlight of the day. And thanks to a wonderfully kind friend for giving me a gift certificate to a spa, and Facebook for altering everyone of birthdays, and of course kind friends who remembered (something I am not good at, so I was very impressed), it was a great day of pampering, friendly emails and phone calls. The hour-long facial I got at the salon was heavenly, especially since that's where I've been holding most of my stress and concern for the past few years. Of course I couldn't let the day for by without seeing the babies, since this is my first birthday as a mommy. But I did let myself have a break from the early morning and late night with them (my usual routine, so I can squeeze and nap, and chores in the middle). KC and I took the night off and went to dinner. The two of us haven't done that for a while, and I think it will be a while before we do it again. It was hard to think about anything else but the babies, but we tried. We like to make their facial expression, and actually KC does it pretty well. And a couple of my friends and I went to get a pedicure last night, mostly to get one last one in before I'm stuck at home for a long time, but we can count it as birthday fun as well.

Well, that's that. Not as concise as I thought. I'm sure that will change when there are babies screaming to be fed and whatnot. Speaking of the littles, Alex was really gearing up to come home, but he reminded us that he is still a little tyke, and like to get a little too relaxed sometimes and sets off some alarms, extending his discharge a little. This is normal, and since he is now taking all his food by mouth instead of by tube, it's probably wearing him out a bit. He just needs to build up the strength and coordination. In time, of course. No need to rush him. Especially since my mom isn't coming until Saturday. Ruby is the least dainty eater of the three. She can really chug that bottle down. Those cheeks get bigger by the day. She loves to stay awake after she eats and see what's going on, while the boys like their sleep. (Sounds a little like their parents.) Little Bennett still gets pretty tired during feeds, but he is a great nurser. It took him a while but when he figured it out, he really knew what he was doing. They only get to nurse 1-2 times a day since it requires more strength and it wears them out. But they really love it, and so do I. They are all gaining weight like they should, and it feels weird to say that 5 lbs. is just around the corner. And we are now in our own private room. They moved us there to make room for other new-comers in the big room. It's nice to be all to ourselves. Oh, how I love my little cuddlers. They really loved having bubble baths the other night. They are getting so chunky, yet they're still so little. As much as I want them to get stronger and bigger, I do love this size.

AlexBennett


Ruby
So, back to my mom. I can't wait for her to come. The babies have changed so much since she left. We are going to be pretty busy around here, and she is so kind to dedicate so much of her time to my family. I'm going to love learning from her. Bring on the babies!

10 comments:

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

First of all Happy (late) birthday! it's so funny that as a kid I always thought I was so much older but really....not so much. Those bath pictures are to die for! your shower looked so fun and YES jeans that fit deserves a blog of it's own in my opinion!

melody said...

I looked at all these pictures close up again. They really are growing so quickly. And Em, you look amazing! It was nice to see some pictures of you as well, for once!

k d L said...

amazing how chubby they are getting! congratulations!!! and happy late birthday. :)

Sarah said...

So cute! I am glad you got some time with just KC and friends... but make sure you give yourself that time every once in a while after they are home too. It's important.
PS - Ariel took his LSAT, his first choices probably aren't going to happen - which may make us come to DC! Wouldn't that be fun? (I'll babysit!)

Cami said...

OH! I wish I was there for the baths. They are so cute. I love their little selves. I look exactly the same in each picture. I should have made some different poses. Lame. I can't post pictures because my computer/internet is an idiot. Very soon there will be a babies post!

Janine said...

Happy birthday! I love the bath pictures. It was great to see you on Saturday.

Jonathan and Janessa said...

I love the facial expressions in the bubble bath pictures! I think it really shows each of their unique personalities!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and your babies' progress! They are getting so big and cute!! (well, they were cute before...)

Tracie Frost said...

Oh, don't you look so lovely!!

And those bath pictures are beyond adorable.

I have to admit that I cried a little looking at the shower pics. I wanted to come to bad! But I'm really glad you had a fun time and you more than deserve the love you have from your friends and family.

How fun to see Cami on your blog again!

And, yes, take every chance to go out while you can!!

Corinne said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to the shower. It was so lovely to see you. Can't wait to see you again when those sweeties are all home :)