Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Notice anything different?

Yesterday, I walked into the nicu to find this.

Alex and Ruby in open cribs!


And this.No cannula on Ruby!

I almost shed a tear at how big they look in their beds. They are seriously growing before my eyes. The doctor says they are on the "launch pad". Yep, we are getting them ready to live a life without monitors, isolettes, and feeding tubes. I'm a little nervous to take them away from this sheltered life, but it's time to get ready!

And while I'm at it, I might as well post the videos of Alex, and Ruby that I promised.


And even though Bennett is still in his little house, he still deserves a picture. He'll put on those extra ounces to qualify for an open crib in no time.

11 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh they are getting so big! With luck, I'll have their quilts done by the time they leave the hospital... the new school year and moving has sure put a damper on things!

Bean said...

They have changed, just since last week. I love to see Ruby's entire face- what cute babies. Congratulations again and again!

melody said...

Yea, no more nostril-stretching for Ruby! I love Alex's yawn. These videos are priceless. I'll have to show them to Julia tomorrow.

Janice said...

They are so perfect. I keep looking back at their day one pictures and am amazed at how they are filling out. Precious peanuts. The videos - thank you.

Tracie Frost said...

So sweet! I can't believe how alert they are - looking around with their great big eyes. They really are darling.

And on your previous post. Now you know how I felt when we used to talk about your heartache. I felt so lucky to have my babies and almost guilty because I was so blessed - and I knew you'd make a better mom than me too! Now, look how the tables are turned. It's all in the Lord's time.

Unknown said...

that video with you and ruby has really put into perspective just how tiny your little ones really are!! Her head looks so small in your hands...so precious!

and congrats on moving forward...those little bundles will be home before you know it!

mylittlegems said...

Oh Emily! They are looking so good and you can just see their improvemnt and their little personalities!
So exciting! I can't tell you how it thrills me to see healthy babies- especially after we just got back from more doctor appts. for our little guy- who looks really really healthy- but sort-of-isn't. :) Congrats- they look great- and that makes me so happy for you :)

Tyler and Sunni said...

What a miracle they are all doing so well.

Sarah said...

Wow! Way to go babies! Will they put them together? They miss each other. :)

Kristy said...

they are getting big! I love it! thanks for sharing.

Cami said...

OH those cuties. I LOVE a good baby yawn. YAY for Ruby!!