Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Food mug shots

I realized while looking through my pictures that I very often take pictures of my face really close to food. They are never veryflattering so I don't know why I do this besides to document food that I either thought looked good, tasted good or had some funny story involved. I think now that I'm involved in photography I'm a little more conscious about what the picture is going to look like before I take it. So hopefully I will get better at this mugshot thing I seem to have going on. By the way, I tried really hard to get the pics all lined up straight and I was going crazy, so I'm leaving them strewn about. Sometimes I need to make myself leave things messy to practice patience. Things don't always have to line up straight, I guess (cringe).





8 comments:

Corinne said...

Hey - I was there for that last one! The BEST breakfast buffet I've ever had. The food AND the price :)

Matt said...

Haha. These make a cool collage. You're a talented..mug..shooter.

melody said...

I love the pics! It's funny - I have many similar ones of myself in Poland. Food can be so pretty!

melody said...

P.S. I expect your list of 100 things will be coming soon? I can't wait!

Cami said...

I like these pics! I'm sure you could have found like 25 more at least. These are a nice variety!

mylittlegems said...

Emily- What is the company you work for taking pics? I applied for one down here- taking pics of newborns in hospitals. It sounds so fun- but we'll see. LOVE your food pictures- so fun.you can email me
sharla

Unknown said...

Very cute. Especially the first one, with me in the background. I happen to think you have a close-up-worthy face, and it improves the picture of the food. The only bad thing is all those pics make me want the stuff in them.

Love ya.

Emily said...

Sharla, I work for Growing Family. I take pics of the newborns. It's fun. Sound like yours is the same one. It's a great job.

Mel, fine, I will do th silly 100 things when I get around to it. I was reisiting until everyone kept saying to do it.