Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snowy Flat Tire.

Last night as I was preparing dinner awaiting my honey's arrival, I got the usual call telling me he in on his way. This time he told me was going to be a little longer due to a flat tire in the parking lot of his building. So I told him I'd prolong dinner making and wait for him. Soon after I got another call from him saying one of his lug nuts was another size and his wrench wasn't working. I drove over there only to find out that mine was also the wrong size. We went to an auto parts store and got what we needed and went to change the tire. Right when I was deciding whether to stay or go, I saw a few snowflakes fall. Every second the snow became getting thicker and thicker. It wasn't a bad storm or anything, just light, quarter-sized, fluffy snowflakes covering everywhere very quickly. I happened to have my camera so I took a couple pics. I didn't like the idea of KC staying in the snow changing a tire all by himself, even if he was going to be fine, so I stayed to chat. It was interesting to me that all the while we were driving, or anything else besides actually changing the tire, there wasn't a snowflake to be seen. But when the changing was being done, it was making KC's hands cold while trying to righty-tighty and lefty-loosey. He never once complained, as usual. I need to take a lesson on looking on the bright side of situations like he does. The snow stopped soon after it started. So even though we got a flat tire on one of the only days that it has snowed here, and in the only 15 minutes that is snowed that day, it could've been worse in many ways. It could've been on the freeway in a foot of snow, it could've been 2 or 3 tires, it could've been... you get the picture. I actually had a very pleasant evening. Maybe that's because it wasn't my car. That might be a totally different story. He is now in two and a half hour wait to get the screw removed and the tire repaired at the wonderful Costco where his tires have a warranty. He said he'd keep himself busy by doing errands and such, and here I am again awaiting his arrival. Car troubles are rare since KC takes extremely good care of his car. I'm spoiled to have him home on time every night. I guess I can wait a little longer this time.

6 comments:

mylittlegems said...

We are down to one car- and it needs repairs. I hate flat tires though. I've had several- a blow out on 1-15- not fun. Enjoy the snow!

Lili and Jeff said...

Stupid flat tires! But awesome that you guys are all team-worky about it. It is very strange that just for that moment, it started to snow! My stars, what are the odds! Good luck with the car sitch.

Cami said...

The main reason I got married was so I'd never have to think about car stuff again. I like it when they take care of the cars.

Matt said...

I can just picture KC looking at the wrong-sized lug nut and calculating his plan of attack.

I love taking care of the car. When my car breaks, I feel like the dad on 'Christmas Story' when his furnace breaks. A Challenge!! slackin' fratzin' blaow mongrl.....etc etc.

Unknown said...

sorry about the flat. and then the snow to boot. nice of you to stay with KC.

Janice Graham said...

I learned from someone that flat tires are a chance to pray, so you grow closer to Heavenly Father and it's all good in the long run. Sweet.