Monday, January 22, 2007

My Young Husband


KC is 30! I actually pulled off a surprise party for him and I can't believe he didn't figure it out. I was too stressed to remember a camera, so maybe you can see the pics Matt took on his gallery. I invited about 30 people and with the help of my great family, it was a success. I'm not a very convincing liar, so I tried really hard to make up a lot of lies two weeks prior the party. The day of the party was so hard for me because it wasn't until 5:30 pm, and it was a Saturday. I had to just act like we were going to dinner and it was another ho-hum night, when I was really freaking out inside wondering if everything was going to turn out as planned. I was nauseous from being so nervous, and I was getting a little cranky just because I wanted it to be out in the open once and for all. I made up a lie that I had to drop something at Cami's before we went to our restaurant that happened to be in Close by. Coincidence? I came back out and told KC that Cami promised Jeffy and Ethan that he would come say hi. They love when KC comes over. He came in and there was everyone to surprise him. It was fun to watch him figure it all out.

I prepared most of the food on Friday, and I had to even make up a lie to cover up the smell the cake left on my shirt. KC has an incredible sense of smell. The table had a spread of delicious artichoke dip, and a chocolate fondue provided by Matt and Cortnie. Cami made pizza for the kids which was great. We had a veggie tray, bacon wrapped little smokies, cheese puff rolls, and cup cakes with either a letter K or C on each of them. I couldn't have done it without my family's help.

I had also made up a fake party that was supposed to be on Sunday at Matt's so he wouldn't be bummed that there was nothing happening, and he wouldn't suspect anything earlier. We even pretended that Matt and Cortnie wanted to make the cake. Matt was funny and had a long conversation with him about what kind of cake he wanted. Perfect. So during the party people kept asking what else he was doing to celebrate and he still believed the party was on at Matt's. it wasn't until we left and we were talking that he realized that was a lie too. Ha ha. Good thing we didn't have in on Sunday since we had extremely icy roads that night. Read Matt's blog about the "Gully of Dooooomooom" and you'll see.

Happy Birthday KC!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

fun party! wahoo!

Matt said...

We got you KC...but good!

Well done Emily. We can still have a party down here, and I can take people on privately guided tours of the Gully of Dooooomooom. They cost $4 each, and you have to sign a waver.