Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!




We didn't do much for Valentines Day this year. It's cold and icy outside and our anniversary is around the corner so we decided to have a cozy night in. I was planning on making a nice salmon dinner and have it ready and waiting for him when he got home. I knew I had everything to prepare it so I carried on with the day. I was out and about and I got home after KC was already there with pink roses and a box of chocolates. They are pretty fancy-shmancy too, with flavors like lemon-almond, mango, pear, tea, and the other regulars.

Since dinner wasn't even close to being ready, we decided on something quick and easy, bagel breakfast sandwiches, the most perfect food in my opinion. Crispy bacon, soft yolk, Monterrey Jack cheese, toasted sesame bagel, I could eat it for every meal.

Even though we were stuffed, what is Valentines Day without dessert. I had a few things for fondue and I finally used the tiny chocolate fondue pot that Mom got me in England. It worked perfectly for the two of us. Don't worry, we didn't eat all that was on that plate. We dipped quartered oatmeal choc chip cookies, dried apples, and strawberries. We also had whipped cream to dip them in as well. I'm a fan of the cookies and whipped cream. I really wanted to try one of the chocolates, but I think they are going to have to wait. Why do holidays always have to involve so much food. I guess that was my choice.

I'm very glad to have my Valentine this year. This is my first year as a married valentine so it was nice to be with someone who loves me. Sometimes I think he forgets about little things like V-Day but he always proves me wrong. I m a lucky girl.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading about your sweet Valentine's Day activities and your love for one another brings a tear to the eye and a lump to the throat. So glad you love and appreciate each other. We love you two too. And, the dinner & dessert sound and look yummy.

Amber said...

You have such nice presentation of your food. We had heart shaped pizza on paper plates-oh well! I did make Todd peanut butter kiss cookies and got him some cherry coke! This year Todd got me coral colored roses. They are really pretty. Happy Valentines Day-I love you guys!

Cami said...

very yummy-looking! Lots of fun. I like having a Valentine too. Sounds like you did a LOT. Food is the best and worst part of a holiday, I agree.

Corinne said...

Ahh, the first Valentines Day as a married couple. What a happy thought :)

Jonny said...

Once again KC shows me up. Man! Nice work KC.

melody said...

Thanks for sharing about your festive day. It was even better to hear it from you on the phone first! Talk to you soon.

Janice Graham said...

Beautiful presentation. And I'm sure it all tasted good, too. Emily you are very good at the ARt of Living. See my blog.

Sarah said...

sounds like a fabulos meal! They sounded so good I decided to make them today -- although our bagels don't aren't sesame.
You are looking fabulous by the way!