Sunday, February 11, 2007

Silly me

I just realized that the words in my last post were all jumbled up from when I was arranging the pictures into the text. Silly blogger. I guess I should've read it one last time. It's fixed now if anyone was confused.

While I'm calling myself silly, I might as well mention one more thing I realized. I don't consider myself a very quick typist. That's not the silly thing, but I found out why. I don't use my pinkies when I type. I don't know how I developed this bad, and very unproductive habit, but I'm changing it right now. Unfortunately, right now it's producing an even lower amount of words per minute, but I'm sure with practice I'll become a much more successful typer.

8 comments:

Cami said...

Holy cow! I don't understand that at all. Maybe it had to do with drying fingernails or something.

Matt said...

Dude....

I did the same thing for yeeaaarrss. I finally realized it too, and started teaching myself to use the lesser fingers. I still get a real satisfaction when I hit that semicolon. It feels so powerful not to have to slow down over there.

At the same time, I started using the right fingers for number keys.

Maybe I missed all of this because of the huge crush I had on the girl who sat next to me in 7th grade keyboarding. I used to hope against hope she'd run out of paper so I give her a sheet.

melody said...

Good luck reforming your typing. I remember when I worked so hard to hold my pencil the correct way. (I think it was 5th grade?) Anyway, I eventually succeeded and so will you.

Jonny said...

I am trying to type this message without using my pinkies. The "a" & "p" were difficult.

Oh just for fun... the longest word you can type using only your left hand is "stewardess." Try it, it's fun. Plus you can practice using your left pinky.

Matt said...

Jonny5, Nice word! I love one-handers. When I worked data entry in the Orems, I came across the "Waterstreet" as someones last name or something. Also fun to type, though it wouldn't hold up in a game of Scrabble.

melody said...

The stewardess' name was waterstreet. I love it. Thanks Matt!

Unknown said...

What the . . .? Git them pinkies back in the game! Golly, what kind of parents do we turn out to be, what with pinki-less typers and all? Where were we? Why weren't we paying attention? Okay, calm down, now. It's going to be alright. She's doing fine in all the other important ares: shoe tying, silly putty bouncing, etc.

Emily said...

KC said what about stewardesses? haha. There's a website full of em:
http://members.aol.com/gulfhigh2/words8.html