Monday, February 05, 2007

My Washingtom Post Debut

When I was at work the other day I noticed a newspaper photographer in the hall way so I hurried to get out of her way since I was cleary blocking whatever she was taking a picture of. Another woman was having people sign a paper and she soon came to me asking if I would sign a waiver in case my picture ended up in the Washington Post. I just giggled and signed and went on. She said to look around the Post later because I might be in it. It went in one ear and out the other since I had no idea when it would come out, or what the article might be about, and I had a lot of work to do. Yesterday when I went to check to see if any of the NICU babies needed pictures, the nurse said from across the room that I am in the newspaper. She said it's a good picture and I should try to find one. I went to the gift shop and piad my 36 cents. I looked in the metro section and low and behold, on page B6 there I am zooming by with my picture cart. I look like I'm going really fast since I thought I was in the way of there Picture. I'll post the picture when I can scan it in. The article is on washingtonpost.com here. Sadly my pic was not included online. The nurses were all gathered around as I was looking at the picture and I think a couple were a little jealous. I felt kind of dumb since they kep calling me their little celebrity. The picture doesn't even show my face, but my name is in the caption. I just thought it was funny.

7 comments:

Corinne said...

you're famous!!

mylittlegems said...

That is so fun. I think you have the best job!! Photography and babies- so fun! I got my name in USA TODAY once- but I don't have a copy of it, so make sure you save it! :) That was cool-

Matt said...

You're in print! This is the kind of thing that MAKES people. (Movie, anyone?)

Cami said...

Matt, The Jerk. That's my favorite line, ever.

Nice job Em. Once I was in the Ensign and got a marriage proposal from it, but that's not quite as cool, I guess.

Janice Graham said...

Can you scan it or something for us to see?

Lili and Jeff said...

That is awesome! Congrats! First U-hauls, next stop, the washington post! Also, I wanted to show you that my new blogspot address is this:
http://lililou11.blogspot.com/

erika said...

hey em! wow--this could be your big break. the post is big time. good job! hey, jack bauer is good--but he's not good enough to find your address! i need it!