Thursday, February 01, 2007

I suppose I'm crafty after all


I've always considered myself to be a non-crafty person. I've never been much or a cross stitcher, crocheter or even a regular giant journaler. Crafts have always seemed like a waste of time to me. There are to many decisions involved. Deciding colors, accessories, sizes, etc. I think it's because when I start something I am not satisfied with its imperfections and just tell myself I'm not that type of person. What I didn't realize is that you don't have to be a creative craft queen to make something for your home. I like to think I'm creating art and it doesn't seem like such a chore to me. I'm not demeaning craftiness in the least. I feel quite the opposite. I really respect those that have such talents since I don't. I have had a success this time and I'd like to share. This is my memo board. I had one that a friend made me in jr. high and have no idea where it is. I've been wanting a way to display more pictures without making a million holes in our walls. I think this did the trick. They are very easy to make (they have to be if I did it) and choosing the colors to match the house was really fun. I guess I'm still not too crafty since this is the only project I have done, or will do for quite some time. Don't look too hard at imperfections like whether or not the lines are exactly parallel because I already know they are there. And by the way, if you don't see your picture on here, these were quickly gathers to try it out. They will be rotated regularly.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

That is so cute, Emily! I love it!! Good Job.

Corinne said...

looks fantastic! you're a craft wiz

Cami said...

Wow! Way cute. Hey, I resent GJ being called a craft! I don't know why, but I do. Nonetheless, I love it. I think I should make one when I redo my messages wall!

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mylittlegems said...

Very very cute! I have cork in my garage, so maybe I'll make one sometime- very cute!

melody said...

I love it, Em. You have always been so creative. Look at your desserts, for pete's sake!

Janice Graham said...

So cute and not Christmasy at all. Good job.