Sunday, February 18, 2007

KC avocado sandwich.


I took this picture a while ago when I bought these huge avocados. They were very delicious and I bought more than we could even eat before they got too ripe because they were such a great deal. The price nearly doubled in the next few days due to the freezing conditions. Anyway, I love this picture. It's set as our desktop background and it cheers me up every time I look at the computer.

He's been sick this week with the scratchy throat, swollen glands thing, and now here I am, sick too. He actually just left for church since he just has the usual coughing, etc. symptoms remaining, and I'm just beginning. I slept for a total of 2 1/2 or 3 hours starting at about 4:30 AM. I could barely swallow without gagging so every time I would nod off, I woke up abruptly. I started Zicam, the "miracle" medicine, at the first sign of this, so we'll see if it really reduces the severity/duration of this sickness. I'll base it on KC's conditions and put it to the test. You can see some reviews here. I am using the nasal swabs as opposed to any of the other options. Sprays and chewables usually have a tendency to trigger my gag reflex so these are perfect for me. They are completely odorless and tasteless.

He's very sweet and agreed to teach my primary class today. I even bought the sweethearts candies on sale (14 cents a box) to bribe them. I told him to only give them one heart candy for good behavior. They should last a while. since I bought quite a few boxes. I don't need those kids to be more hyper at church, and I'm sure their parents don't either.

So, you see, especially in conditions such as this, a good picture can be just what is needed to really cheer someone up. This is my picture of choice.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you get better soon!
That is a great picture

Cami said...

MPOC!!!! Way cool picture. We have that around here too. No fun. I woke up to help Jeffy change the sheets in the middle of the night and could never go back to sleep. ugh. I hate colds.

Unknown said...

I told Grandpa about the Zicam for Grandma, and he said the would go get it, and I said they should read the label first, since you said it doesn't work once you have the cold, and grandma does already have the cold, so it may not be for her, but she just may want to have it on hand for the next time, so there.

Anonymous said...

Must have a very boring life

Lili and Jeff said...

Em, I hope you feel glorious soon. Also, your husband is a stud. very handsome indeed. I want some of those avacados. They look delish!