Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Slippery Snow

Imagine the ground covered with snow cone ice. Wet, hard packed, icy snow. Usually the snow is safer to walk on than the street because of ice. Not in this case. The snow is extremely slick. As I was walking to work, I was enjoying the finally white covered roofs and trees, but the streets are always to inconvenient in the snow. Our landlord is always so nice to shovel our little walkway, and the friendly Hispanic man next door offered me ride as he has before. I thanked him and told him that I enjoy my little walk and the snow didn't bother me...until the stairs. I walk up and down these stairs everyday and I have to say it was a little frightening, especially going down. I could barely see where each step was and they are very uneven anyway. I had to really stomp into the snow to get a good hold and walk safely. I guess Matt would call these the stairs of dooooooooooommooooooom. I'm probably making this sound worse than it really was, but I did want to show our snow that all the news is about. So many schools and work places are closed today. I remember one snow day growing up in Utah and I think there have been half a dozen here already and this is the first snow to stick for more than 12 hours. Lucky kids. I hope everyone is being safe in the snow, wherever you are.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Lucky kids until June when they have to make up all the snow days!! Ha! Oh well.

Corinne said...

Those do look like the stairs of DOOOOOOOMMMM. Aptly named :)

Janice Graham said...

Wow, I like your photos, very picturesque. BEEE careful on those things and don't accept rides from stangers.
Mom