Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Popular...this sho-ow is popu-u-lar.

As you might've read from Cami's blog, we saw Wicked last night and really loved it. I'm not as into musicals as Lili, or even Jake, but I enjoy them and get excited about them all the same. KC and I didn't know any of the music going in besides what we heard in Cami's car on the way up, and snippets I've heard Lili sing through the years. I liked not knowing the words because I tend to want to sing along and it gets very distracting. I also pay better attention to what the words are actually saying if I listen intently. We had great seats, but when I go to shows, always envy the ones on the front row. It's fun to see the actors so close up I and they just have to not pay attention to the hundreds of people watching them. But, I can't compain, our seats were great. By my understanding, we're lucky we were even sitting together, or that we even got in. It was totally sold out. I'm about to put the Wizard of Oz on our Netflix so we can put all the pieces together. I was never bored or tired (thanks to my afternoon nap). It was a great night. We had a fun crowd and ate at the cheesecake factory before, which we still have yet to eat our lemon raspberry cheesecake. I was sorry that we had forgotten our camera, but that's to digital technology, and Corinne's remembering to bring a her camera, we have this night documented. We'll probably want the CD now. I'd love to hear the songs again, and again. If you didn't understand the title of this post, listen to the CD and you'll get it.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Nice job. I'm glad you guys liked it. It was fun!

mylittlegems said...

Love it and want to see it so bad!! We listen to the music all the time- Landon loves to dance to it. Lucky!

Corinne said...

Glad you found the pictures!!! Loved spending time with you :)

Sarah said...

I am totally jelous. I want to see wicked! Ariel and I were looking for tickets in LA -- might go this summer.

Lili and Jeff said...

It is funny that you picked that title, because if you listen to the "Forbidden Broadway" edition of Wicked (that is a show that just makes fun of musicals, so funny.) then they sing that exact song.

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!! Sigh... I HAVE been singing those songs for years now. Probably like 4 years now. Though, actually, I have it on DVD, so I can watch it anytime, although, I am sure it is a completely different effect than actually sitting in a theater. I am glad you saw Wicked. It is a little TOO popular, but a classic none-the less. Though next time Urinetown or Hairspray comes to town, don't hesitate! Those shows are just as amazing!