Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The first of many uses of the Grill

So our landlord bought a grill last summer and has asked us to help her get use out of it. So we took advantage yesterday and made some BBQ Turkey Burgers. The barbecue sauce was a recipe a friend gave me that she uses for her brisket. It had an extra kick. We had them bunless. Not because we are on some kind of low carb diet, but because we didn't have any. But I would've probably eaten it that way anyway. I made baked sweet and regular potatoes to go with it and it was quite a nice summer meal. I wanted the potatoes to have an Outack-esk crispy skin, so I slathered them with olive oil, and paprika before I microwaved for about 7 minutes, and them baked at 475 for about 30 minutes. They were perfect. The russet potatoes were loaded with all the fixins and the sweet were just butter and brown sugar. It was a great combo. While we were grilling I had a good time playing with our land-dog, Penny. She likes to play a game where she'll bring the frisbee to you and drop it at your feet. But the second you try to pick it up she grabs it and won't let go for anything. You have to be pretty tricky with old Penny. It was quite amusing. I should play with her more. It's good exercise for me.

6 comments:

Cami said...

Those potatoes sound great! I'll give them a try. That dog is funny. I'm glad you're grilling!

melody said...

I love grilling for dinner - Jonny is in charge! Have fun with that grill, I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Sarah said...

Ironically I had almost the same thing for dinner last night. Only we didn't have bbq sauce, we had corn and tomaoto salsa and we had sweet potato baked-fries. We must be friends or something.

Unknown said...

Yum. The bbq sounds deelish. Turkey burgers and 'taters--hard to beat. We'll have to come out and have some with you.

Matt said...

I love when seasons change like that, and you get to do stuff you haven't done in a long time.

Amber said...

I love grilling because Todd does all the work! Why do Melody and I always say the same comment. Anyway, I can't wait to try the sweet potato idea!