Monday, May 14, 2007

I guess I can celebrate Mother's Day.

Well, since I will eventually be a mother, KC surprised me with some beautiful flowers that I can't stop looking at. They really brighten up the place. We had a nice time at church where we were all given a long stemmed rose, and then I went home to make the mother's day dessert I've been planning. It was a peach, blackberry, shortcake. This is definitely one of my favorite desserts to eat. And I was so inspired by all the pretty fruit this spring, I couldn've help but make something using them. We went to Matt's where beautiful salmon, salad and corn were prepared by Matt, and Cortnie and Cami brought homemade bread. Everything tasted so good. I hope all you hard working moms out there had a great day. I didn't get to talk to my mom since we were all trying to get a word into her conversation with Drew, so Happy Belated Mother's Day mom! I love you!

6 comments:

melody said...

Holy moly, that looks so good. I wish I was there to eat the leftovers!

Hannah said...

Hey...that looks fabulous. Its like the one I attempted to make...but yours is actually pretty and probably tastes better.

Cami said...

Another fantastic dessert which I also had some of today. Delish. You are going to be a great mother Em!

Sarah said...

That looks so yummy. You are amazing I must say. happy mother's day to you!

Amber said...

I love shortcake, it is my name after all. We made the boys cook us dutch oven dinner. I think it should be a tradition around here. How do you make salmon salad-sounds good!

Janice Graham said...

Emily, you're wonderful. I am getting caught up on all your great blogs today. Sorry I've been so out of the loop!