Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spring cleaning and girls relaxing

Yesterday I was supposed to speak at a baptism, but found out a couple hours before that it has been postponed. So I had my whole day ahead of me. I couldn't help but start my spring cleaning. I only did once section of our apartment before I got too tired and needed a nap since we got to bed pretty late due to Guitar Hero at Cami's. I did the stove, fridge and the nooks and crannies of the kitchen. Then I did some dusting and mopping. I know, sounds pathetic for needing a nap, but oh well. I went ahead and took some pictures to document our first apartment so if you haven't seen it yet, here is our living quarters. I still am working on a couple photo projects for the walls, but it has come a long way. The other rooms weren't spring cleaned yet, so we'll wait on those.

Later that day I went to my friend Cortney's house for a girl's night we've been wanting to have for a while. Rebecca brought over lots of supplies for our manicures/pedicures, and I made a huge plate of nachos, (Notice, the platter is the one that was signed by the girls at my shower here in Maryland. It was perfect for the nachos.)which were devoured much more quickly than they should've been. We also had fresh salsa that Rebecca made, cupcakes by Christina, and ice cream. That is vinegar we were soaking our feet in, then we used a lot of different lotions, cuticle creams, buffers, polishes--she had everything. We played games and of course, there was never a dull moment and we were all beat by the end because of the mixture of extremely full stomachs and bending over our toenails all night. The boys made a spur of the moment gathering to play Risk. They could've played much longer than the 1:00 am finale of our party, but they called it quits so we could all go home and go to bed.

2 comments:

melody said...

Your apartment looks beautiful. And I'm glad you have fun friends in Maryland!

Sarah said...

Your apartment looks so cute. Wish I could see it in person. It makes me want to do more with my house. I'll wait for Ikea. I need more girlfriends... or more girl's nights out.