Monday, May 07, 2007

Spur of the Moment

A friend and I are planning to start is a little dessert demonstration business. It is very far from being ready to start but we have been trying to get together to do some practice rounds. I called her this morning after a very quick day at the hospital to see if she was up for it. She said she had made plans to meet up for lunch with a former co-worker of our's and invited me to come along. I agreed and we had a great time. We went to the shop where we all worked toether to see other co-workers, and them walked to this charming little cafe in Bethesda. It is called Lilit Cafe, and it happens to be run by a man who is a good friend of another co-worker from the Hyatt. She has her own business selling gluten free desserts called Sweet Sin. Lilit is also a gluten free restaurant, and had the most wonderful gelato that they gave to us on the house. The Ruben sandwhich I had was very extrememly good as well. It was so good, I'm going there again with KC one of these days even though it's pretty far away. We girlfriends had a great time catching up. It was nice to do something spur of the moment instead of planning it ahead of time.

I managed to take a couple pictures despite the camera woes I've been having lately. I left my camera at Cami's after Ethan's birthday, and I feel completely lost without it. I feel like a camera gives me power for some reason. But I remembered, after the initial panic of realizing that I had left it, that I do have a camera that I used before we started using KC's. It has a lot of problems (You need to hold down the battery lid thing really hard or else it will think there are no batteries, and even then it sounds broken with it turns on.) I didn't think it worked at all but found a way to make it work because I was so deperate. So I have managed. We will get it back now that Cami is back in town. So that was all to tell you why the pictures are not so great. The nice Indian man that took our picture was very good to hold down the battery lid the whole time. It's hard to worry about focusing and angles while you're simply trying to push the button to take the picture.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Looks fun and yummy. I'll have to try that place sometime.

Sarah said...

looks yummy and sounds like you had fun. Maybe you girls can do a little on-tour-demonstration here in utah. I would totally come!

Unknown said...

Good for you having friends. and going out with them. And good for your new cooking adventure. After all, you're the offspring of one of "The Three Adventuresome Boys." (What? You say I already used that in Lili's blog? And your point is . . .? I mean, it's a good line, right? Ok, then.) Lemme know if you need help organizing the biz, or whatever.