Saturday, May 26, 2007

Shakespeare free for all

Last night we were invited by Su Draper to go to a free Shakespeare performance. It was in an amphitheater downtown. It was a beautiful night, we packed some tuna sandwiches and watched a very funny, and clever Love's Labor's Lost by The Shakespeare Theatre Company. I was a modern take on this play working in a lot of rock 'n' roll, and jokes only this era would understand. Even the costumes were very early 70s. It was sort of all over the place, but very entertaining. I had to read the synopsis to really understand. I am not ashamed to say that Shakespeare is very difficult for me to understand. I feel like I have to read a line six times before I can really understand what their saying. However I got the gist of what was going on and really enjoyed myself. They didn't let us bring our camera into the theater so the only picture I got was KC eating before we went in.

5 comments:

mylittlegems said...

Cool- I was in Love Labor's Lost in 9th grade! I was Rosaline. I think it is a great comedy!

melody said...

How cultural of you two. And I always think a picnic makes things more festive. Glad you had a fun date!

Cami said...

Great! I'm going there on Tuesday. I have to get the copies of Shakespeare that recap everything in modern english--I think it's easier to see in a play because you sort of get what's going on. I hope so, because I've never read Love Labor's Lost.

Matt said...

Sounds like you had fun. Cortnie is always saying I should read some Shakespeare, which I never have. I don't think it will fit in my brain.

Susan said...

We are so glad you could come! It was fun having you there with us, trying to get cultured:)