Sunday, May 20, 2007

Leader Camp

In preparation for girl's camp in July, the leaders went to the camp site where we will bring the girls to see what is had to offer and be able to plan a little better. We went to Elk Neck State Park which runs right along the Chesapeake Bay. It was beautiful. We could play at the beach, or in the trees. It was the best of both worlds. We can a groups of about 12 people and had a great time. We played in the sand, had great food, and actually slept quite well on air mattresses that most of us brought. For dinner we had a great cucumber, salad, and Spicy Curry and Rice. We had banana boats later that I was especially excited about. We planned some great activities for the girls and got to know each other a little better. Of course I was the first one awake and so I had to wait for anyone to wake up to get any matches to build a fire, but I did and it was pretty good if I do say so. I was pretty beat all day the next day, so I don't know what 6 days and five nights will be like in July, but let's just pray I make it through. And that is doesn't rain, because then I really won't make it. It will be weird going as a leader instead of a girl at camp. I think I'll like delegating. And it was my mistake to take so many pictures because the camp director is now making me be camp historian. I said I'd gladly take pictures, but there would be no scrapbook involved in my job description. I do not do scrapbooks. I think camp will be fun as long as KC comes up for one or two nights.

6 comments:

Corinne said...

AHHH. It's hard to believe that it was THREE years ago when I went to girl's camp with the SS stake. I had such a lovely time. I can't wait to hear about your experience, since I think I had more fun as a leader than I did while I was a girl :)

Cami said...

Camp! Ha! Well, you can always do a photobook scrapbook. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep. We all know what happens when Emily is tired . . .

melody said...

Ha ha! I like your innovative spoon for breakfast. A few summers ago, Jonny and I used sticks and flat stones in place of the spoons and forks we had forgotten. They worked out well!

Amber said...

That seems like a pretty long camp! I hope the girls don't drive you nuts staying up all night--we know how you can get! I think you will be a very fun camp leader! You will probably have the best food if you are involved!

Hannah said...

Ah...girls camp! I love it! I always wanted to be a leader.

bjensen said...

Bless you for being a girls camp leader...that's all I can say