Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Imogen Heap

KC and I were at Borders one time and he had me listen to the demo of Imogen Heap's cd and I needed to buy it. I love her music. It's a little different, and that's what I like that about it. In the cd cover she tells how she spent one year by herself in a studio to make the album. You need a lot of talent to arrange the music like she does. I could listen to her all day. I had this song, Hide and Seek, in my head all morning, and ironically it was on my ipod when I turned it on this morning. It's her kind of music that help through those tough days. Just turn up the volume really loud and all your problems seem to go away. Goodnight and Go is another one I really like. Enjoy.

Oh yes, I also bought The All-American Rejects CD for five bucks today at the hospital book sale. I only know a couple songs, but they seem pretty cool. I'm excited. Are you proud Lili?

6 comments:

Corinne said...

yeah, she's AMAZING. one of my favorites - my brother chris showed her to me. i love the songs you love too!

Matt said...

Good call Emily. I'm also a fan of Imogen Heap.

May I also suggest 4 additional songs and a video:

"Chasing Cars"
A mix of "Hide and Seek"
"The Moment I Said It"
"Candlelight"

You can listen to all of these here: http://themdg.org/music/ImogenHeap/

Also, a life performance of "Just for now" is very good. Here is a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSIbfzK2spg

Enjoy.

Lili and Jeff said...

Emily! What fabulous taste you have! Imogen Heap has a few songs on the Twilight playlists that Stephenie Meyers put together. ALSO OMG! I HEART All American Rejects SOOOOO much. Which CD is it? Some of my favorite songs are Move Along, It Ends Tonight, Drive All Night, etc. Any of those on there? Even Dirty Little secret?

Sarah said...

Ariel's a capella group sang Hide and Seek. It is a very difficult song and they did very well with it. She is different, but interesting. I don't know any of her other songs.

erika said...

My cousin is the biggest fan of all time--so whenever I am with her, I am forced to listen--but I like it! I wonder if Darren's Dance Grooves will come out with the choreography. They could title it: 'Imogen Heap Goes Pop'. You know that you would practice those moves on the weekend.

Susan said...

Wow, I'm so glad I clicked on the link. I really really like her voice and style. (I'm NEVER one to enjoy the videos, they always ruin my own impressions and thoughts that I naturally would have with a song) Thanks so much for introducing me! (Until I get an ipod it's just whatever I can catch on the radio between barney cassettes playing!)