Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Miserable mosquito bites!


Okay, the quarter sized bites have now grown into half dollars. Even walking with the pants rubbing against them is so so so annoying. I took a Benadryl last night to alleviate the itching and put packing tape over them to prevent me from scratching them in my sleep and still woke up time and time again. I'm heading to the store to stock up on the best repellent money can buy. I would post some pictures but they are anything but flattering with my leg being swollen and as white as white can be, but I think you get the idea. Sometimes when people show me their bites they are so tiny and I wonder what that would be like. Mine are always huge. I'll make it a summer goal to get as few bites as possible starting today!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

My legs get the same way - they will be like 3 inches wide sometimes - but only on my legs. I don't know why. Keep taking that benadryl. Have you tried hydrocortisone cream? It is my best friend with mosquito bites (or any skin problem... except face stuff). Also, when I wake up in the middle of the night I try cold water on the legs. It helps enough to get me back to sleep. Good Luck - I know what you are going through!

Emily said...

We must have the same type of skin. I've been using hydrocortisone for a couple years and I usually use ice packs in the middle of the night, but last night I tried this and it was great. I made a paste out of that Aveeno oatmeal bath stuff, caked it on the little suckers and covered in tape to keep it all there. It didn't itch once (until I took it off in the morning). Try it sometime.

Janice Graham said...

You poor thing you. I have had my share of bites, but it's the bee stings that swell me up like crazy. You better stay away from those!

melody said...

Yikes! So sorry to hear about your bites. They can be so miserable. Hope they go away soon!

Cami said...

Man! You get the worst bites I've ever seen (except maybe Ethan's behind his ears). What is it about you and your skin!?! Good luck with some good repellent. I get big ugly bites, but they go away within a couple hours usually, so I have no advice for you.

Lili and Jeff said...

You always seemed to get bad mosquito bites! That is crazy! Quarter sized!? Unimaginable!

Susan said...

Did you find some of that stuff Molly was talking about at your house on memorial day? She said if you put it on a bite soon after you get bitten it goes away nearly completely. Worth a try. And maybe you could borrow it first to see if it works (like I'm the one to offer!!) Sorry to hear it though!!