Saturday, September 08, 2007

Dessert gifts

I was looking through my pictures and noticed something. A couple weeks ago I had several occasions to bring gifts to people and so I decided to make everyone desserts. The first was a sugar-free, flourless, chocolate, mixed berry cake. It was for my friend Molly who is pregnant and has to cut down on her sugar, so for her birthday she got to eat a guilt free dessert. She shared with her family even though I told her to eat it all by herself. She reported it was good. I'm glad since I hadn't tried it before and it was sugar free and all.The next was a strawberry, mandarin cheesecake tart for our friends, the Frosts, who were moving. I hope they had time to eat it before they left.
I made some mini cheesecakes from the rest of the batter and brought them with me to see my friend Courtney's new baby at the hospital. I love mini tartlets. They are such a perfect bite after dinner. I've yet to bring them dinner. Oops.And I have actually made this about three times in the last couple weeks. This one was for Corrinne on her birthday. She mentioned before that she loved key lime pie. I remembered this and instead of making many for the whole party, I made one for her to eat all by herself. I wonder how she is doing on that.My landlord has commented that I'm walking out of the house with food every time she sees me.

7 comments:

melody said...

Um ... I want a bite of each one. Maybe two bites of the key lime pie.

Corinne said...

honestly, Emily, I ate all but TWO pieces my own self! The first time I shared a piece with Clint, the next one I CAUGHT him stealing and we had to have a serious talk and I made him put some of it back :) Am I horrible or what? But it was SO DANG GOOD!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the food. It looks so good it seems a shame to mess it up by eating it. But, as "all things must pass", we might as well eat up. Seems like I made a key lime pie earlier in the summer . . . or was it just that I meant to?

Cami said...

Hey, I want to try that sugar free cake. Those all look great! I love walking out of the house with food. I feel so fun and stuff. Mostly I walk out of the house with bags and bags and bags of something or other. What's in those bags??

sara said...

my mouth is watering and my pants are getting tighter just from reading this!

Tracie Frost said...

Oh, we ate it - the WHOLE thing! There wasn't a scrap of that delicious cheescake left when we cleaned out our refridgerator!

Emily, you're a RARE, GREAT Friend!!

Janice Graham said...

OOOOHHHH MMMMAAAANNNN. Emily, you are so talented. I remember when you wanted to be a scientist when you were a kid. And now look -- in a way, you are one! You plan and experiment and invent delicious things.