Friday, September 21, 2007

Eggless banana bread


So I went to the store specifically (well I needed to get them anyway) to buy eggs to make this bread. I was making dinner for a friend with a new baby and this is always a comfort food it seems. So I realized well after the bread was baked and cooling, that not one egg was used from the carton. Oops. I guess if you were a vegan you could eat this. Or not. I'm not sure of those rules. It probably just lost a little height. It actually is quite tasty and I guess a little less fat minus the yolks. Who am I kidding. It's practically cake.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Nice job. Only you could make something yummy even though you FORGOT an ingredient. That is always a disaster for me. Remember the saltless bread I made? Whoa.

Sarah said...

I don't know why, but if I forget an ingredient in a recipe - it is the egg. Even if they are sitting on the counter next to me.

Amber said...

That happened to me once when I made banana bread. The next day, I found the butter in the microwave. Oops!! It was a little dry, but we totally ate it--fat free!!