Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Tag, we're it!

Amber Cottrell tagged me and 6 others to play this game of sevens. I don't usually do these, but Amber is so nice so I'll oblige:
A. List 7 habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag 7 people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag whoever wants to do it.


1. I just bought an elliptical machine from craigslist. I love it. I absolutely hate working out and am terrible at it. I do like swimming, pilates and the elliptical machines at the gym. We have just enough space for it and it folds out of the way when I'm done. Matty helped me load it in his truck . It was pretty cool how he tied it up. We'll see if this pushes me into gear.

2. I love thinking of what to make for dinner. We do have waffles and eggs, or frozen pizza nights on occasion, but looking in my fridge at random food items makes me excited to see what I can make out of them. KC is always interested to see what I come up with. Sometimes it doesn't turn out so good, but he's always a great sport and very appreciative. Here's my latest concoction, stuffed spaghetti squash. It could've been better but was okay.



3. I love turning off all the lights in the middle of the day and watching Lifetime movies. KC knows not to flip the channel there because I get hooked. They are really getting big actors these days.

4. I have a weird habit of holding my breath as someone passes me in a hallway for fear of smelling them as they pass. I noticed this in high school, but I still do it on occasion. I didn't really know I was doing it, I just realized it one day. It's mostly when they are passing very quickly so there is a strong wind and it has their smell in it. Weird I know.



5. I have just remodeled my bedroom which is a big step for me in the decorating department. It's nothing special but I love that it is put together. We've had "your's mine and our's" furniture for a while, and now I feel like it's all just our's. It's helps to keep it tidy too. KC knows not to put any clutter on the new dresser.



6. I love waking up and going places early in the morning. The people at the grocery store are the nicest in the morning. I just like being awake and on the road while no one else. Not too early though, and not every day. Just on special occasions.



7. I have recently had an urge to see what it takes to be a beekeeper. It looks like such a nice calm environment to work in. Besides the bees buzzing around, you always see those people in a nice sunny field. I've actually reasearched this. Maybe it will really get into it during my mid-life crisis.



So this was really an excuse to tell about my elliptical, but it fit in quite well. I tag Melody, Molly, Mom, Matty, Ashley, Amber, and Whitney. That is, if you guys want to.

6 comments:

Lili and Jeff said...

Hooray for lifetime movies! Those are awesome. Good luck on your exersize endevours. OMG, the passing people thing. I have never knew this about you! Is the smell really that strong?

Emily said...

I guess it's the fear that it WILL be strong. Just taking precautions I suppose. It's sort of subconscious.

Amber said...

Thanks for doing this. It was so fun to read more about you. What a woman!! I think you are great and I am glad we got to know each other. I love that you put pictures up along with them.

Cami said...

Awesome! I want a foldy-elliptical! That sounds great. Maybe I could fit one of THOSE in my house.

Also, that is the dresser I want for the boys! There really IS no space for that though. Darn.

LMN is now in HD. Prepare yourself . . .

Amber said...

Those lifetime movies get me everytime! Fun times about the exercise thing. I bet you will love it. It is nice not to have to go anywhere. Your desserts is th above blog look divine as usual, and I noticed you were the first comment on Lori's cooking blog! Maybe you two could be best friends!!

Unknown said...

I love your things. As you know, I am into exercise, along with mom. And I love being up in the morning, too. You know, can't sleep past 6:30 kind of thing. Keep being curious, and you'll be in good shape all your life. Love ya.