Monday, September 24, 2007

We won, we won!

Last Saturday was the road show. We, and four other wards participated. The theme was "Something funny happened on the way to the...". Ours was "... MTC". I was Judy, the main girl who can't decide if she wants to get married to Clifford (KC) or go on a mission. She decides to go, which upsets Clifford, and then bumps into the love of her life, Donald (also KC with a wig and glasses on) who she saw in a dream, and decides he is her mission. There will be a video posted soon so you can all make sense of this plot I tried to write. Molly did a great job writing the script, making props, choreographing all the dances, and, her husband put all the music together. Did I mention she is 8 1/2 months pregnant? I think she worked on something everyday for at least a month to get this together. She was the girl for the job too. I have found out where she likes to put her creativity to work. She also somehow managed to get a full cast together, even if she had to pull teeth to do so. We have been practicing every Saturday morning from 9-12 for a little over a month. It was all worth it in the end when we WON! All the wards got some sort of award. We got best choreography, BUT, we also got judges choice. Yep, we were pretty excited. It's funny how many times people told us how good they thought it was. I mean, this is a road show, right? I guess it was just a relative comment. When you compared it to the others, it was a little more put together. I think it's funny that it was still a hot topic at church yesterday. I mean, people couldn't stop talking about it. I, Frankly, am finished. It was fun, and now, done. Here are some pictures to give you a hint until the video comes. This is mostly for those involved, but look if you must.

11 comments:

Cami said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys had fun. I realized afterwards that I should have come to see it! I bet the kids would have loved it. Darn. Well, at least I can watch the video.

melody said...

Holy cow. This looks like quite the production! I bet you and KC were just fabulous. Can't wait to see the video!

Janice said...

I love KC in the WIG! He is such a ham in dress ups and when there's an opportunity to be someone else. Can't wait to see the video.

Matt said...

I can't believe I missed KCMatronics V2.0! Man, I bet it was awesome. You guys are great sports to be so involved, especially with your work schedules. May you live forever.

Sarah said...

I haven't heard of people doing true road shows since I lived in Texas 15 years ago. Sounds like fun! That was so much work - choreography, script... man. Molly is one amazing chica!

Janice Graham said...

Fun! I bet you were wonderful. I love how KC played 2 parts. Can't wait to see the video.

Tracie Frost said...

EEK!!! How fun! I'm not surprised it was the hot topic at church - it's not often that Carrollton beats Laurel and White Oak in something! Go Emily! Go KC! Wish I could have seen it!

Susan said...

So sad we missed it! You guys are awesome!

Woods said...

WOW! What a neat thing to do. I would love to see that. You are always busy with so many fun projects. Oh and I got your message the other day. Thank you Thank you. Love you lots.

Oh and that pot pie looks amazing!

Amber said...

I still can't believe you Marylanders still do raod shows! I bet you two were perfect as the in love couple!!

Lili and Jeff said...

I think I have to see this... really bad. I want to see it really bad. Can you PLEASE put up a video? You guys are so cute to do that for them! So cute!