Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekend happenings

Well, KC is still working pretty long hours so I am keeping myself occupied one way or another. On Saturday I put up this cool new home for the little fishy we adopted. I bought it online the other day and I am so glad he if off the counter. The poor guy freaked out every time we did anything in the kitchen. He hated the garbage disposal the worst. This gives him room to really explore.

I also made this little contraption I saw in Real Simple a while ago. It's great, and makes finding my earrings so much easier. They'd get all tangled up together. Annoying!

We went to a Jazz Festvial, suggested by our friend Andrew. It was so so so crowded, but the music sure was good. We at at one of our favorites, Lebanese Taverna ( of course I got an order of grape leaves with our meal), and had mango and strawberry gelato after. It was a beautiful night too. We loved watching a little girl dancing right in front of us. She sure had great moves.

We are going to the DC temple visitors center for a fireside in about and hour. It's about DNA and the Book of Mormon. Should be interesting. Then it's on to another work week.

11 comments:

melody said...

I love the earing holder. Very stylish and functional! And yes, great to have the fish off of the counter.

Woods said...

You and Lori are amazing with your cooking. I'm jealous, maybe when my boys are a little older I'll feel more inclined to make such beautiful treats. You definately know how to use your spare time. I love reading about you and seeing your pics.

Cami said...

Man, you actually MAKE the things you see in Real Simple! I saw that, said, "that's a good idea!" and left it at that.

Also, that is a serious Beta Bowl! I love it!

mylittlegems said...

very cute earring holder- you are so clever!

sara said...

LOVE the earring holder! How do you make it??? (or which issue of Real Simple is it in?)

Emily said...

It's probably easier if you look in the magazine rather than me telling you how to make it. I'm not quite sure of the terms since I'm not so crafty. I'm pretty sure it was July.

Amber said...

That is the coolest fish bowl, I've never seen anything like it!

Hannah said...

Holy Cow! I love that earing holder and plan to copy you!!

Tracie Frost said...

Is that Marisco on your WALL???

Janice Graham said...

Wow, what clever stuff to make and have and do. Keep up the joie de vivre!

Sarah said...

Love the fish bowl! So cool! It makes him look like art! But what do you do with your stud earrings? And do your earrings fall off that thing?