Sunday, January 06, 2008

I never thought I would say this...

...but there is one video game type thing I approve of. I have always said that I hate all of them and would never allow them in my house. I have said they are a waste of time, space, and money. While most of that is still true in my opinion, I have really enjoyed playing Wii. I don't think I would've ever tried it if some friends of our's hadn't forced the controllers into my hands assuring me that I would love it. Sure enough, within minutes I was hooked and working up a sweat. And I was sore the next day. In fact, every time I play it, I feel sore in places I haven't been before.

So, turns out I am pretty good at Wii bowling. And I am giving full credit to my score or 224 to this signature stance.
I was playing a game with Jefferson and Cami on the weekend and he was desperately trying to get a better score. He is an observant little boy and kept making poses and asking "do you do this, or this?" It was so funny and I wish I took his picture. But it was pretty accurate to mine. He'll beat me in no time. I'm sure. I am also a fan of doubles tennis, and boxing. Although boxing is pretty intense and tires me out pretty fast. I guess not ALL of the video games are complete wastes of time. Doesn't mean I'll give in to having them in my house. We'll just keep mooching off the Turpins.

11 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, please keep mooching, because it's much more fun with other people! It's true. The Wii is the only game system _I_ wanted instead of dreaded. It's so fun!

Jenna said...

Emily, this is Jenna (Fowles) Squires from high school... Did you go to a culinary school in Utah? Or out of this state? Or rather how did you get to know so much about pastries! I am dying to attend some culinary classes anywhere but have no idea where to go, or anyone to ask! I saw your blog through Ashley's, and I'm glad that things are so well for you. Congratulations on your marriage and your life in Maryland!

Jenna said...

That is so awesome you went to Maryland for your schooling. Did you know early on that you wanted to do culinary? I didn't learn to love cooking until a little over a year ago, I used to dread it. Anyway, it's great to see your blog! You look great and so happy! Yeah, I didn't know Ben, just Lindsey from high school. It's a small world... Anyway, have a great time on your cruise, and it's great to hear from you!

Matt said...

Hooray! Now go and get dad to say that.

melody said...

Oh man, I have really wanted to play with one of those. I agree that it seems like a worthwhile activity. Cool!

Woods said...

hey thanks for the smoothie ideas, it really helped. I can't wait to try them. I hear all kinds of good things about the wii, I want one myself. I haven't ever played it, but I still want one. I'm sure I could talk kev into getting one.

Janice said...

Your pose almost looks like yoga! And uses lots of muscles not normally used in day to day life!

Amber said...

Everyone says it is so fun, and good exercise. I guess there was reason for all those crazy people to be waiting in lines for hours and weeks to get them for Christmas. Good times!

Unknown said...

I volunteered at a retirement center in provo for one of my classes and they play the wii all the time to get in some exercize. It is hilarious to watch 85 year olds bowling!

Unknown said...

I volunteered at a retirement center in provo for one of my classes and they play the wii all the time to get in some exercize. It is hilarious to watch 85 year olds bowling!

stacia said...

yes yes i agree completely! we actually got a wii for christmas, the first video game system we have ever purchased and we all LOVE it...very fun!