Monday, January 28, 2008

Seemed fun

I found this on a couple people's blogs, and although I was not tagged, I felt like being nostalgic. It's time I got this on record anyway. I actually had to reach into my journal for a lot of this. I'll quote some of it for proof.

1. Where did you meet your husband?
In the University Park Singles Ward in College Park, M
D. I had just been terribly dumped by my boyfriend and KC and his roommate Joe walked into sacrament meeting. (It was actually the week before this, but it took me a week to record it in my journal) September 2 2004, "I met a couple of guys at Church...they were very nice...and they got my number and everything." I remember watching KC as he walked from the door all the way to his seat. I was a little annoyed when I saw another girl talking to him and I didn't know why. I was also bugged when Joe seemed a little more interested. He was more behind getting my number than KC was. This is KC, Joe, and me only a few months into our friendship. KC was getting a little cuddly, don't you think?
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
"So you went to BYU," or something like that. He was holding the door open, so I had to say something. We some how got around to our ages, and when he said he was 27 and I was 19, I thought that was it. No more getting to know KC. He was just too old. But mostly, I thought he thought I was too young, which he did at the time.


3. Where was your first date?
We hung out a lot, but not usually on official dates. Our first alone together was my work party at the Park Hyatt Washington DC. It was supposed to be the previous boyfriend to come with me, but when he didn't call to confirm (surprise, surprise) I asked KC. It was actually two parties in a row. First, my bosses Christmas party at his house, and then, we went to the Hotel. My co-workers kept giving me the eye, meaning they liked KC. I was still stuck on the loser boyfriend at the beginning of the night, but when I was dropping KC off after a fun evening together, I was sad to see him go. December 19, 2004, " He was the perfect gentlemen- very talkative and so sweet. I just loved all the time we had together." He really showed me how a girl should be treated. He didn't even let me walk on the street side of the sidewalk. I was quite smitten, although it took many months to start really dating. This is at that very party.
4. Where was your first kiss?
In his car in Cami's parking lot ( I lived there at the time). In my journal I wrote, "He actually kissed me... I can't stop thinking about [it]...the next day he told me it was hard to focus at work." It was funny because I had harshly rejected him a week earlier. I told my mom and sisters I would never, never, NEVER like him. I really thought I was telling the truth. A few days later after a date with him that I was not looking forward to at all, it just hit me that I would not want to be without him. When I decided that I was ready for a relationship with him, he gave this whole spiel on how we should be smart and take things slow. Them he promptly leaned in and kissed me (disregarding his own advice). He also texted me about 5 times after he left the night we kissed." Wow", "Really, Wow", "Really Emily, you are freakin' rad". There were a couple more, but I don't want to embarrass him too badly.

5. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
I would've had it happen faster, but KC is a think-through-er. He likes to take his time. We were friends for about 7 months, dated for about 9 months, and were engaged for 2 months. In Mormon standards, this is a long time, but to my friends here in the east, we were crazy for moving so quickly.



6. Where did you get engaged?
In the foothills behind his house in Provo on Christmas morning 2005. He had the ring for about a month before he gave it to me and promised that we would be engaged before we went to Utah. I was pretty mad during that month, especially when we got off the plane and there was still no ring on my finger. but I really learned to trust that he knew what he was doing. I guess he had many years to decide how he was going to propose so he wanted there to be a little bit of surprise left. He played the guitar and sang "The Luckiest." (Skip about 2 1/2 minutes ahead on the link to hear the song.) Journal entry-" I can't believe I get to be with him forever... I couldn't choose better...I love him with everything in me." A little corny, but very true. I am the luckiest, for sure.

7. Where did you get married?
Mount Timpanogos Temple, March 4 2006. That's night, we are coming up on two years, and I can hardly believe it.


Man, that took me back! I found myself reading old emails, and so caught up in my journal entries from when we met. He has really brought me to a happy place in my life and I am so glad to be here with him now. He's a wonderful man.

I guess I should've left this for our anniversary, but whatev. I can love him year-round, right?

I tag Melody, Mom, Amber, and Cami (Lili, I have a feeling you'll have a lot to say on this topic soon, so don't feel left out.) Or anyone else that wants to. That's what I did.

5 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, it's so nostalgic! Good times. We like KC too. I remember thinking he was MUCH better than that other one the first time I saw him. Good choosing.

Lin said...

so now i'm going to actually leave a comment on your blog because i have another coincidence to share...i think one of my best friends dated joe. i'm actually pretty certain of that. small world, huh?

melody said...

Fun! That brought back memories of talking to you on the phone about KC. I remember thinking he was a good one, when he sang to you before you even liked him (or you were denying that you like him??).

Woods said...

He's a lucky man! I have some of my very best memories ever with you and Mel. Oh I love you guys! Oh, and we all know that Kc is a great guy. You two make such a great couple.

Lili and Jeff said...

KC is hilarious. What a tease he is. I am glad you guys ended up together, I can't imagine you guys with out each other.