Monday, January 21, 2008

This may gross you out

I was merrily wiping a shelf in my fridge when I hit my thumb on the other shelf and this happened.Yes, that is my fingernail split pretty far down. And I had just trimmed my nails to avoid such a catastrophe. What am I supposed to do with that? I don't want to clip it all the way. It actually doesn't hurt so bad but it's pretty annoying to have this on my right thumb. It's amazing how such a small things can alter the day. You never realize all you do with your right hand until it is damaged. I'll have to up my vitamins so that is grows really fast.

7 comments:

Matt said...

That makes my insides hurt. I haaaaaate fingernail shenanigans, and I feel sorry for your injury. Nothing to do but band aid it up and wait huh?

Hannah said...

oh...ouch!! Those little things hurt so much! I am so sorry!

Merinda Reeder said...

Fingernail polish. The only time I ever wear it is to hold down splits like that and keep them from snagging. When we moved I had a nasty one like that on my right thumb and was constantly washing my hands; so the band aid was no good.

Sarah said...

The best thing - superglue! Seriously. It doesn't wash away or chip. Then just keep trimming your nails till the crack is gone.
Good luck, finger things hurt tons. Just be glad you aren't at the hospital anymore and have to use hand-sanitizer every 3 seconds.

Cami said...

AAAAAAAAUAUUAUUGHGHHHHHH. That is gross. Of course you took a picture. Sorry about it and stuff. I suggest super glue.

Emily said...

Yes everyone, super glue was my first move, but with it being on my thumb, it comes unglued. I'll get over it soon enough. Thanks.

Tracie Frost said...

Never would have tried superglue, but I did think the nail polish idea was a good one.

Your poor, poor thumb!