Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A quiet ring in

This year was a very mellow New Years celebration for us. We don't usually party all night, but we at least find some way to be festive. We had a couple parties to hit, and then KC unexpectedly became ill and spent Sunday night throwing up, poor guy. He weakly went to work on Monday, but did not feel like going out for the night. I was actually a little relieved at this since staying up until midnight is not a strong point of mine. So after chicken pot pie and several episodes of Twilight Zone, we turned in Early. He was feeling a little better in the morning so I decided to copy Melody and make crepes for breakfast (see Emily's Experiments) We tried to find a skating rink that was open and decided that we'd try to go on the weekend due to KC's continues weakness and closed rinks. We did manage to go see I Am Ledgend, which was very cool, a little weird, and a lot to think about. We called up the Millers and they were up for games and pizza so we spent a couple hours with them and their very cute and very chubby little one. I made a cake out of the rest of the crepes and we all had a great time eating and playing Hoopla. Happy New Year all! Whether it was quiet or involved lots of noisemakers.

8 comments:

melody said...

Thanks for posting a picture of the cake, I was all curious as to what it looked like - beautiful! And yes, that baby IS chubby and cute. The pictures look great. Have fun with the new camera!

Cami said...

Awww, we were wondering where you were! Well, I forgive you and I'm sad to say I'm glad KC is puking now and not next week!!

mylittlegems said...

Your food looks so delicious- that I think I could gain weight looking at it! It looks very yummy!

Unknown said...

That Crepe cake is such a fun idea...props on that one!! It was so good to see over christmas, good luck with upcoming events...keep me posted!

Matt said...

Great post. We generally don't stay out late on Dec. 31 either. Though there was quite a fun party going on at Ambers when we left.

Woods said...

Oh the flu is the worst. Especially when there's a ton of parties to go to. I'm glad he's finally better. That cake you made sure looks fantastic.

Woods said...

oh I forgot to mention how gorgeous,skinny, and happy you look in that picture with the cute little baby.

Woods said...

I swear this is the last comment, but I was wondering if you had a good smoothie recipe. Maybe one with strawberries and raspberries in it or something simple. I need a good one.