Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Play Time

While babysitting today I thought we really needed something productive that didn't involve eating. We usually bake, but I have a cruise figure to keep. So thanks to Corrine for posting this play dough recipe, we had a great time making and playing with it. We did leave out the Kool-aid though. I remember my mom making this with us kids all the time. I think we even gave it as birthday gifts to friends. I loved that it was something that we could just make whenever we wanted and we didn't have to go to the store to get it. He was very creative making rocket ships. train tracks and anything else a 5 year old mind usually thinks of. Can you tell this picture of me is from his point of view. He loves taking pictures.

We also spent a while out of doors since it is seriously over 70 degrees outside. It is really gorgeous, but I'm the type that the likes the weather to stay true to the seasons. I like the winter to come hard if it means it will leave sooner. But since I have no choice on the matter, I'll just pull out my flip flops and enjoy it.

4 comments:

melody said...

Ha! I remember giving playdough at many birthday parties. (Mom, that was a clever gift.) Fun idea. Those kids you tend are lucky to have you as a sitter.

Tracie Frost said...

Those strawberry lime crepes look amazing and I LoVE the pic of you from Wade's point of view - so funny!

Sarah said...

you are going to be a great mom!!!

Lili and Jeff said...

The only thing bad about unexpected, premature warm weather is that it doesn't stay! Oh, to wear flip flops again... But you are wearing them right now in florida!