Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unexpectedly alone

When KC went back to work on Monday, they sprung an opportunity on him to do a presentation at a conference in Atlanta on Thursday. It's always good to get your face and name out there at conferences for future job prospects (it's always the same people at these conferences, so making friends is important), but here I am for a night with0ut him. This normally wouldn't be so bad, but last week I was with him 24 hours a day so that's what I'm used to. He'll be here again by dinner time tomorrow, so I'll just try to keep myself busy and get a lot done until then.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I know what you mean, it was like that for Ariel and I when we got back from Hawaii. Hope you can manage! Just make something yummy... and that takes awhile to make - it will help pass the the time.

Emily said...

Yes, I've been in the kitchen a lot today. It's quite often my outlet.

Cami said...

Awww, you should have come over. Are you having food withdrawals? It's been helping me that we have NO FOOD in our house, so no matter how tempted, there's nothing I can do.

Lili and Jeff said...

Emily.... I feel for you... Probably better than anyone. But, it is probably a hundred times worse leaving your spouse behind after you are married. At least he can come back ever so soon.

Matt said...

Does KC like traveling for business like this? I always do.