Monday, July 13, 2009

A productive couple of days.

While KC's mom was here, we. . .
  • Tested some chairs at the La-Z-Boy store. (I'm converted, btw.)
  • Went furniture shopping for the nursery.
  • Got rid of previously mentioned extra medications.
  • Found some deals at the mall, including a couple shirts, and swimwear (I fantasize about the pool these days.)
  • Went grocery, and Target shopping.
  • Looked at paint samples at home depot. Tried one on our bookshelf. Didn't love it.
  • Made kabobs and let KC grill them.
  • Bought decided color of paint at home depot, along with a brush, roller, pan, and drop cloth.
  • Watched Clifford (the Martin Short version) because Janice had never seen it, and had quite a laugh.
  • Took naps.
  • Finally bought a dresser for the nursery (also to be painted.)
  • Ate some really good Chinese food, and had leftovers for lunch the next day.
  • Saw the Air Force Memorial.
  • Watched Passengers. Not a bad flick, but pretty predictable.
  • Last but not least, gestated. This one I did on my own.(This may seem like a given, but I think it deserved mentioning. Every day is an accomplishment, and is sometimes pretty hard work.)

We were so glad Janice could stop by for a few days on her way home from Boston. She really helped me accomplish some things I've had on my list for a while. KC was pretty busy most of the time, but Janice and I didn't seem to run out of things to do/talk about, with the babies usually being the center of attention. We are planning on seeing a lot more of Janice, and many more family members in the near future, and we can't wait.

Now, I've got furniture to put together, and paint. Hurray, things are finally falling into place. But, as the nursery comes together, it seems that every other room gets neglected and/or cluttered from the stuff being moved from it to make room for the babes. Ah well, one step at a time.

7 comments:

Cami said...

Ah, sweet nesting. I really do love that phase. Glad you had some help!

melody said...

Oh good, so glad the nursery is coming together. It'll be so fun when it's all ready. Then you'll be so anxious to see three little babies in it!

Unknown said...

oh so glad that you have accomplished some more tasks. We painted our bedroom when i was pregnant and thankfully jeremy did it. I painted the bathroom and it plum wore me out. but so fun!

Drew said...

Shame on you Stephan, shame on your eyes!

k d L said...

I LOVE CLIFFORD! so few people have even seen that one. :)

Megan and Taj said...

ok.. so every time I read your blog I cry a little!! What the heck!!!!!!! I mean I was reading about your car seat purchase with tears in my eyes!! I am just so happy for you guys! Being a parent is the best.. you already know it!

Luci said...

Hi there! We do TOO miss our Maryland friends, and I'm still sad we won't be there to meet the little babies when they come. You know you'll have to put up tons of pictures! :)