Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Typing horizontally is not so easy.

Thank you everyone for you encouragement and well wishes. You guys are great! Here's the update.

So, we saw the doctor again today. The verdict is that the bedrest and meds are working and keeping me stable, which is good news. I was having nightmares that things were going to look worse. They didn't look much better, but definitely not worse. We are not in a bad situation, just trying to avoid one, which is very different. And during the appointment, the babies were as active as ever. My stomach is really creepy sometimes when we watch them moving. Mostly he girl. She was quite the spaz this morning, but I love her for it. I was relieved that the are all looking great.


The past few days of monitoring have been pretty good. Most of the time my contraction count is quite low, 0-2, and sometimes when I have a few more, my nurse, who calls me at least twice a day when I send in my monitor data, will have me administer a demand dose of meds to calm everything down. It usually does the trick. It's hard to distinguish between uterine irritability, and contractions sometimes, because they move so much, but I am getting better at it.

As far as life on bedrest goes, it's not so bad yet. We've been offered lots of help from our kind friends, and even dinners have been arranged. I'm so grateful for the thoughtful people we know, and I think KC is even more full of gratitude. We have a new system so he doesn't have to come home from work every day, though he does have to leave a little later, and possibly go in on some nights. He packs me big cooler full of lunch and snacks, and it's been working great. He is always running around getting things done, and he has a beard to prove how busy he has been. But you'd never hear a complaint from him. His priorities are me and the babies, and I am truly amazed at his patience and willingness to do whatever is asked or required of him. Here is how me set me up yesterday before he was off to work. with books to read and things to do (never mind the rest of the mess in the room.). And here is what my lovely day of food looked like. He always switches up my sandwich a little to make it interesting. What a guy.
And just in case you are curious, here is my 23 week picture. No make-up or hair-doing for me most days, so no making fun. The doctor said I'm measuring at about 35 weeks. Ha! And, the waiting is over on the stretch mark front. I'm seeing the beginnings of them now. I knew it was inevitable. Hey, any indication that they are growing is fine by me.

Here's to another couple months of bedrest, monitoring, tubes hanging from my body, counting fetal movements, weekly doctor visits, and cooler meals! We'll make it. The babies are worth every second.

Also, I didn't realize the irony of watching the Three Amigos until Whitney's comment in the last post. It was quite fitting, don't you think? Now I'm watching Bleak House. I'm sure I could find some irony there as well.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

You look totally cute!! I can't wait to see pictures of you in a month or two!

Unknown said...

good to hear that things are going really good! you just hang in there! and Im glad you appreciated my irony! and you look cute with that pregnant belly!

Janine said...

KC is wonder hubby. You are lucky to have someone so amazing to support you at this time! You are also doing a great job, and you are right when you say it is worth all the trouble. Pregnancy is definitely a sacrifice-- I know some breeze through it, but many of our bodies don't handle it well, and your triple batch is definitely making it extra rough. You are doing wonderfully!

Unknown said...

you look great em, even with out makeup I might add!! And a big hurrah for a wonderful hubby to pack you yummy snacks and take such good care of you...you two are an unstoppable team!

melody said...

Wow. Those cooler snacks look delicious. I can't wait for you to watch Martin Chuzzlewhit. It is a good one for sure.

Matt said...

Do you have to be actually lying down? Or can you do a sort of lounge situation on the bed? What kind of angle restrictions are we talking about? I'm guessing they want you somewhere between 135 and 180 no?

Sarah said...

What yummy meals you have! KC is so great! I got almost choked up when I heard how great he is to you. Thanks KC!