Wednesday, July 08, 2009

That was probably the last time I. . .

I've been saying this to myself a lot lately. As my tummy grows, simple tasks have become, well, difficult. Most recently, it has preceded thing like: paint my toenails, carry in all the groceries, or scrub the tub. And I'm sure I am bound to say it about many more things in the coming months. KC is always eager to make up for what I lack. Let's see if I can get him to give me a pedicure one of these days.
So, really this is just an update on some recent happenings. Our life seem pretty ho-hum, on the outside at least. Things are getting pretty wild on the inside. These babies certainly know how to move.The sweethearts can really turn this belly into a circus with all the weird lumps and bumps they create. I have a feeling this part will get crazier by the day, turning it more into a freak show. It's quite entertaining most of the time, except when one presses again my rib cage, or kicks my bladder in the middle of church. The little kicks are starting to look like popcorn popping from under my shirt. I always love it when they say hello, even if it is slightly uncomfortable sometimes.

The July 4th weekend was pretty fun with barbecues on both Friday and Saturday nights. The first was at the Wahlquists who moved from our ward to Virgina a while ago. It was fun to catch up with them and laugh at their rapidly growing little baby. We even got a little Guitar Hero out of it. Thanks guys!

The next was at with group of ward friends . The Stromsdorfers hosted and provided more meat than I ever imagined at a gathering with only 4 couples and their kids. It was all delicious, and it was lovely to sit out on their screened-in deck to enjoy the outdoors without the mosquitoes. The kids were playing in the kiddie pool, while we all chatted and laughed for hours. The weather was perfect, unlike some past 4ths when it's either been raining cats and dogs, or too hot to breath. Some went to enjoy fireworks, but we headed home. I can only handle one event per day in this body. I definitely heard some in the distance from my bed, and I thought of the years to come when I'll take my kids to see them. It isn't the 4th of July without fireworks when you're a kid. And I just want to say that even though the second picture isn't among my favorites for obvious accentuated reasons, I thought I better put it up to laugh at later. It is what others see after all, so I might as well own up to the fact that I look this way, instead of trying to ignore it. It is for my babies, and what's a better reason to get chubby.

Well, I had another appointment yesterday and it's always so nice to hear that things are looking great so far. 20 weeks is quite beyond the halfway point for us, so even though we only have a few more months to go, it still feels like forever before I get to hold the little ones in my arms. But I am glad for the little time we have left so I can get a few more things done. I don't move as quickly these days with pulled muscles, and and aching back, so time is precious.

We were delighted to see the ultrasound in 3-D this time. They are already having little baby mannerisms, and looking so precious. Of course the parents always think there is so much more to pictures than others do, but why not try to see who resembles who, and laugh at their facial expressions, even if we look like crazy, first-time parents while we're doing it. I loved seeing their little fists open and close, and gazing at their perfectly formed little fingers. There are tiny little people inside this belly of mine. It's really insane, if you think about it.

We only got some shots of the girl, and one of the boys. The other guy was facing away from us, but he looks just like the other boy, so you get the idea. Though, his little bum is right in his brother's face. I guess he thought that was good enough.


Here's the boy (with mentioned bum of other boy):

And here's the girlie.

Are we crazy to already be completely in love with these little alien looking creatures?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

so exciting! those are cool ultrasound pics. and emily, you look so good! you totally have that "pregnancy glow." i love it when you post pictures!

Jessi said...

I think you look great! and way cute clothes!

Unknown said...

oh they are so cute! I didnt get 3D pictures of the girls cause i didnt want to fork out the 100+ to get them done. But it is so fun to see those! and you look great! I dont think you look fat at all you just have your belly growing oh so quick with three cute little ones growing in there! and I know how you feel I would try and clean house and only get the kitchen done before i was so tired. The house didnt even get cleaned that last couple of weeks or so it wore me out way to fast!

Savannah and Braden said...

Oh hunny, you still have 4 more months? You are my idol! What an adorable pregnant girl you are- you just embody the radiance that you hear pregnant women have, it's wonderful to see you and your growing family!

Michelle and Cisco said...

Haha i am still shocked at your growing rate. You look great though. Those ultrasound pics are so crazy! I cant wait to see them in person

Sarah said...

No, your not crazy.
Isn't it a miracle?!? I love it.

Kristy said...

Is that her leg in front of her face? Those are so cute!

I LOVE how quickly you are growing! You couldn't look better.

melody said...

We love them already too! Amazing pictures.

Amber said...

That is so cool to see them in 3d! I'm sure they will be the cutest little runts ever!!!!

Matt said...

My word.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

love it! we did the 4d stuff with Reese it was so cool

Unknown said...

Emily...I can't believe how great you look!! It really is such a miracle to see what is taking plave inside your petite little frame.

keep those pictures coming!