Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What was I doing without a body pillow for so long?

I mean, I knew people liked certain pillows and sleep positions when they are pregnant, but I thought a pillow tucked here and a pillow lodged there would suffice. But they always ended up on the floor or lost in the bed several times during the night. I asked KC to pick one up during a Target run yesterday, and boy, and I glad I did. I don't think I woke up once during the night (that I remember). Not to turn over or even to go to the bathroom! Now that is saying something. And I'm pretty sure I woke up in the same position I started in. And there is no way this pillow can get lost between the sheets. With that and unisom, I'm bound to have sweet dreams. Thanks heavens for this new addition to my bed!

And to answer your comment/question Matty, I think you are right on with the angles. Sitting straight up would defeat the purpose of what I need, so they say to stay as horizontal as I can be most of the time. But they did say a recliner is okay. I like that idea. The doctor also told me yesterday that some people float around in their pool all day. How great would that be?

Oh, and no contractions this morning during monitoring! I always like to hear that.

4 comments:

John, Jess, Ellie, Cade, Eden & Scarlett said...

I was on bed rest with Ellie from week 27-34, so I sympathize! It will be so worth it though, good job keeping those babies where they need to be. I'm glad you have netflix to keep you company this next little while.

Sarah said...

Bravo! Way to not contract! I am glad to hear you can float in the pool -- thinking of it, it probably is better for the babies then just sitting around (weightless). Good luck with being horizontal for the next couple months!

Emily said...

I guess I should clarify that she floated on top of the pool, still horizontal. And it was at her house, which I don't have. Bummer, I know.

Unknown said...

ah yes the body pillow gotta love it! and good work on no contraction keep up the good work!