Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The new me

First of all, where did my belly button go? That's right. 19 weeks, and it's disappearing before my eyes. But that is fine by me because it means the babies are growing everyday. (Seriously, sometimes I see a change from one day to the next.) I had an appointment last Monday, and for some reason I was feeling nervous. I always feel like I'll leave learning some bad news or something. It's hard to let got of that after living that way for so long. But thankfully I left with nothing but good news about the darlings and me. Their heartbeats are all within normal range, and they arms, legs, heads, bellies, and whatever else they look at all seems to measuring right as well. It takes quite some time to do the measurements for three babies, but I enjoyed looking them for about an hour while all the measuring was taking place.They are each weighing 8-9 oz by now, and I am constantly feeling their little kicks and squirms from my ribs to my abdomen. I've been feeling them on the inside for many weeks, but now they are to the point that if I tell KC to come at the right time, he can feel it too. The doctor said that if things continue to look this good, we'll definitely make it to the 33-35 week goal that they have for triplets. I am praying for that. We are over the half-way point for a typical triplet pregnancy, and every time I remember that, I get more and more excited for the coming months. (And it's much easier to be happy and excited without the constant nausea in the way all the time-just now and then these days.) Even though it's easier to have them on the inside, all of this is to have them on the outside, and I can't wait for that day.

Speaking of the absence of nausea, there is hardly a day that I don't take this for granted. This is "the new me" that I speak of in the title. It's so amazing how your whole outlook of life can change without that disgusting cloud hanging over your head. I still have to keep on top of the food, mind you, or else it will sneak in again, but as long as I do, I definitely to feel like myself again (with a big belly, swelling limbs, and back aches of course-but I'll take that any day over feeling constantly sick.) I even made a dinner calendar and stuck by it all week. Even grocery shopping is completely different when you can take something off the shelf without gagging at the thought of eating it. So, I am grateful to be done with that, and happy to move on to getting ready for the arrival of these little ones. And I am here to say, nesting is real. It hit me like a ton of bricks. We are on pack up, put away, throw out, and clean mode in almost every spare moment we have together. Of course I have to take a nap after about an hour of anything really productive, but it's better than nothing. KC is really taking the lead on a lot of the readying responsibilities. Thank the heavens for him.


I've started to make diagrams of the nursery to figure out what we need, and lists of where to get them. Shopping for babies is harder than I thought. Not that I'm that picky, or have anything really special planned, it's just that we need to be on top of things with three coming, making me a little more anxious about the layout, and organization and stuff. But I'm sure everything will be in place soon enough, and we'll finally feel like we are as prepared as we can be. So many decisions, and so little time.

And I am also happy to report that my doctor is happy with my weight, and isn't extremely concerned about me gaining a million pounds (which is what it seems like sometimes). I have gained sufficiently so far, and they think they babies are doing fine. Phew. I mean, it's not like I'm depriving myself or anything. Frequent meals are quite necessary, so I think things will just take care of themselves at this point. I might actually miss this eat-whatever-you-want phase, even though in the earlier weeks I vowed to hate food for the rest of my life. Hormones mess with your head sometimes, wouldn't you say?

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Great report. So glad you're done with the sickness.

Hannah said...

I am so happy you are able to experience all of this! The good and the bad of pregnancy is a wonderfully exciting experience.

I am so jealous of you pregnant folks that don't have morning sickness for you entire pregnancy. I throw up daily until my babies arrive. :) Oh well...I guess I shouldn't complain.

I want to see another picture of you!!

The Hunsakers said...

My friend that is mother of twins told me to tell you to look on Craigslist and the nicer neighborhood garage sales for some of the equipment needed to multiples, not car seats but other stuff like bouncies. She says you can get a lot of good bargains that way. Also, that you definitely don't need three of everything like swings, etc. They won't want to use it all at the same time, plus if you discover after they are born that you are having a little difficulty with them wanthing to use the same thing you can go buy another then. Better that way than to spend money on something that never gets used. Those are her tips. Hope they help.

Kassi said...

What great news! You can enjoy some food now! I bet you feel the need to organize just like you said you have 3 to prepare for. I would love to see another picture of you too!

Unknown said...

I would love a new picture update too! Im glad everything is going great. I think you are very strong and can make it to where you need to make it to have them. Keep on trucking it will be here before you know it!

Sarah said...

I am so glad you and KC get to experience pregnancy! Isn't it fun? I am so happy every time I think about it.
Good luck with the nesting. Just a tip: Your babies can sleep in the same crib for a little while - and will probably prefer it.
Love you!
PS - tell KC thanks for being a good husband to you!

Tyler and Sunni said...

I am so happy for you guys. I would really love to come see you guys when you have your hands full of those little ones. I don't think we live too far away. Good luck to you.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm so glad everything is going well.

Melissa said...

So glad to hear your babies are doing well and you are not feeling sick. It's crazy how quickly this all goes by. I can't believe I'm almost to the halfway point too.

Janice said...

Can't wait to see your growing belly!
I'd love draw nursery plans with you soon. 8 more days!

Cami said...

OH yes, hormones mess with your head. And I think you're right about the weight--it will be your instinct to eat what you need. A healthy body craves what it needs.

I'm glad you're in the non-sick, nesting phase. This is the best part! And since everything accelerated with you, it will be short, so LIVE IT UP! I'm sad you are far away.

Kristy said...

That is so great! So the other day I was thinking about you and I started to giggle because people would walk up to me and say "Do you know what you are having?" How funny would it be to see their faces when you say "Two boys and a girl". haha, priceless!

Corinne said...

I love reading about how you are doing because I think about you all the time :)

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

I am so excited for this little beans to get here!! I vow to come out to meet them even if it's not till their a few months old.