Monday, March 22, 2010

Goodbye Auntie Britney.

Britney is gone. I'm sad. I'm alone and lonely. She filled the house with such cheer and optimism. It was like I had a girlfriend here all the time to chat with, share fashion advice with, watch movies and TV with, laugh at the cute things the babies do with. . . Now what do I do? The babies, KC and I all have benefited from having such a great girl around. We made the most of staying inside all the time by watching some of her favorite movies, some of my favorite movies, and some movies new to both of us that have turned into our favorite movies. We played in the snow like little kids, we sang duets to the babies, we made fools of ourselves entertaining the babies, and we shared common memories from our childhoods. She was also very eager to help around the house and with the cooking, both of which I repeatedly told her were not part of her job description. It's been such a great experience having someone so capable, responsible, energetic, willing, and cheerful to help me in this important responsibility I’ve been given.

We've definitely had some low points when the babies were harder, but we always seemed to bounce back to the fun we were having before. I think having Britney here really kept me in line during the times when I felt really low and out of sorts. She always had me laughing and entertained with her whit and personality. I wish her the very best with her upcoming ventures in her life. The babies will always be told of the many helpers that kept me sane all these months, particularly how much Britney sincerely loved and cared for them day in and day out. What a sacrifice she made to put her life on hold to help in this time of need. I really can’t say thank you enough. She is one of a kind and we feel like better people having her around. We’ll be checking her blog with anticipation to see what is next in her life. We love you Brit.

The last time I was alone in my house was after the babies were born, but before they came home. It’s been a while . I just got finished with my first solo feeding and play time. To be truthful, I was nervous to be alone for a day and half with the babies when I never have been before, but it really wasn’t so bad. Quite fun in fact. We do miss Brit’s songs and baby talk around here, but we’ll have to make do with videos and pictures when we need her around. I really feel like I can do this, especially with the babies' new and improved sleeping habits and happy demeanors. Anyway, Janice, KC's mom will be here on Tuesday evening, and Nicole, his sister will follow in about a week. Then when they leave my mom is back to join me. So I'm probably going to enjoy this little bit of alone time while I have it. But I'm sure I'll be ready for those helping hand when they are here.

Again, we miss and love our Britney and can’t wait to see you again! This is to tide you over.

Oh, and the babies have a message for you.

005

007 012 013

008

!

9 comments:

Janice said...

I'm so grateful for Briney too. This post had me in tears. In 23 hours I'll be on the plane - can't wait.

Chad and Bree Fowles said...

Em that honestly made my eyes glisten....I rememeber when my mom and Brit left me alone with Reese in Colorado and I sobbed...and they were only there for a week and I only had one child!! I am so glad Britney was that helpful to you! I know she loved the adventure!! I am really excited to see those babies again I am SURE brit will be aching for them. Also the baby bodies as letters is BRILLIANT!! hardly anyone has enough baby body to actually make letters!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great help and cousin, and cute pictures! I love that Ruby was being kicked in the head in a lot of the letters. :) One of the byproducts of having brothers I suppose. :P

Tracie Frost said...

Nooooo! Britney can't leave! She was such a part of the pictures and the stories and I thought she would be there forever! Sigh.

Love, love, love the baby letters. How long did it take you do get those pictures??

Unknown said...

oh I am so glad she was able to help you so much! and it sounds like you are starting to get a little more independence with those little ones! you are doing great!

Emily said...

Tracie, the pictures only took a couple minutes. They were good sports. If we tried to spell out the real words, that might have been another story.

melody said...

It's so fun to see all three of them laughing like crazy. And, yes, the letters are hilarious! I like Ruby in the "L"

Sorry we were playing phone tag today. I wish we could've talked on this lonely day for you! Every time you stayed with us then left I cried on and off the whole day. The time you stayed here last summer Julia cried with me. It is no fun to suddenly be alone.

But on the other hand, how amazing that you CAN alone at home with your babies. Congrats on your half-day as the only adult in the house. Let's talk tomorrow and you can tell me about it, okay?

B Jensen said...

WOW I want to scrapbook this. You're kind words about me have left my speechless and very happy. Not one day will go by that I won't think about my time there these past two months. I LOVE you all and will always be at a loss of words of what to say to this beautiful post besides THANKYOU! and you're welcome ;) I Will remember every tiny moment for the rest of my life. I am already excited to see upcoming pics and videos of the triplets. Already anxious to see you in ONE month!! XOXO

Cami said...

Ha! I didn't see that video til today. It reminds me of those millions of babies (5?) on the youtube video laughing their guts out.