Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Today's thoughts.

Today is the day I decided to start sleep training for nap time-no turning back. I usually give up after a while, but not today. I wish I could tell you that everything going smoothly, but I can't. It's pure torture. Agony. The babies just cry. And cry. And cry. But I can't spoil them anymore. They don't nap well unless we hold them. And there are only two of us. They're just too heavy for that and they won't stay asleep anyway. This is ridiculous. I officially hate sleep training.

But I am happy to say that we finished the Rocky series today and I am in LOVE. How have I not seen all those movies?! Rocky is now one of my favorite movie characters. Number one is my favorite. I can't wait to see Rocky Balboa.

I have to retract something I said earlier. I once wrote that I wanted to stretch their feedings to 4 hours, hearing from some people that they only feed their kids every 4 hours. I never minded our 3 hour feeding schedule, but everyone just acted like stretching them was the way to go. But I have since learned that a 3 hour feeding schedule will help these littles sleep longer in the night. And I am all about that.

I wish I lived closer to my family.

How is it that even though I haven't been holding the babies most of the day due to sleep training, I still haven't gotten anything done? I have plenty of things to do, I'm sure. I just never keep a list going because I never think I'll have time to get anything done. Maybe I should get that list going.

Please stop crying babies.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

They will.....in a week or so. Keep it up cause it is so worth it! Good luck! Wish I was there to help.

Woods said...

Oh man, I feel so bad. It is hard enough to do it with one baby. I remember wanting to give up but I gave it a little longer and it worked and I was a new woman! You are doing awesome. They will soon sleep so perfectly you wont even know what happened. You're amazing. hang in there. Love you

Cami said...

Oh! I really, really hope things go better tomorrow. They WILL learn! I hate sleep training too. But, a good movie/book always helps. Glad you watched Rocky. Jake just almost bought them all, but decided against it because he got a speeding ticket, the dork!

Stay the course. You are doing great.

The Girls' Mommy said...

Maggie used to cry so hard she would throw up. Every single night. Puke, everywhere. I'd go in, change the sheets, wipe down the crib, and we'd start all over. But now they don't remember any of it and they hop in bed and go to sleep happily. Good luck, you'll get there!!

melody said...

Again, call me anytime.

ROCKY! I am so glad you are in. I totally love the series too. I mean, really. (Our next boy will be named Micheal, and yes, we will probably call him "Mic." We just like the nickname but it doesn't hurt that one of our favorite Rocky characters has that name.) I love one and two best. Let's climb those stairs again now that you are a fan!

Oh, and I've been calling Gabe "Rocky" this week, with his new black eye and all.

Janine said...

I remember calling Brian multiple times a day while sleep training Cora. Listening to her cry drove me bonkers. I would call Brian and just say "tell me I am a good mommy!" Somehow that helped a little...

Good luck, and remember a lot of times when you feel like you are losing the battle, you aren't.

KasiaJ said...

I'm sorry. It really is just the worst while you're doing it, but once they put themselves to sleep...oh, it feels so nice. It'll happen; don't lose hope.

Sarah said...

Sleep training is so hard. But, I promise it is worth it in the end. I don't know if this would be too hard with three - but this is what I did with Lou:
She would wake up hungry, so I'd feed her then. But she would only sleep for an hour for her naps. The books said she should sleep 2 hrs. So I nursed her before her nap too. Sure, I was feeding her more frequently, but in the end she was sleeping better. I realize your situation is 10x more difficult - but didn't know if you wanted to try.

Melissa said...

How awful. I can't imagine three crying babies. I hate sleep training even one and I usually screw it up because I hate the crying. Good luck.