Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Fever

I think this year I’ve had Spring fever worse than ever before. Probably because we’ve been cooped up indoors all of fall and winter (and I guess summer too, being on bedrest and all) trying to keep these babies safe and sound. Yes, I know we took flights and have been to the store a couple times (to stay sane), but we are always rushed to get to our little quarantine, even if it was my mom’s house in Utah. I also knew spring would bring stronger, older and wiser babies that sleep better and are less fussy. So you can imagine my excitement for this awesome weather that is upon us, and in turn, the fun little people I get to play in it with. It’s so fun to have kids during the beautiful weather. I am a picnic kind of girl, and I can’t wait to take my kids to the park for one. I know they’re not quite old enough to enjoy anything from a picnic basket just yet, but I’m sure they’ll love the outdoors anyway.

So, ever since these 65+ degree days have been gracing us, I have been celebrating in several ways. Let me count them.

1.  Spring cleaning, of course. We have a screened in porch that we haven’t used much, especially since we didn’t have any good outdoor furniture and we haven’t had time to clean out the huge mess that built up there. (baby gear=lots of boxes to break down). the other day, I was tired of looking at the mess, and I  finally had time to do it, so I tackled this project. Now we have a lovely, mosquito-free outdoor area to play games, eat, or just relax. We have enjoyed this so much already. 053

It’s so nice to slowly make my house the way I like it again after a long spell of just letting things go. The pregnancy, nicu, and newborn phases of my life didn’t allow me to keep things how I like them. Babies require constant overhaul as they change so often, so I’ve been trying to keep their room and the rest of the house from getting too cluttered with things they’ve grown out of/will soon grow into. It’s a job, I’m telling you.

025

2.  A couple weeks ago I decided it was time to start making baby food for these growing babies of mine. It would cost us a fortune to buy baby food for all three of them. I know I might buy it on occasion, but for the most part, I’d like to make it myself. It’s pretty easy. I just chop, steam, grind, freeze, and seal. I’ve got a good little supply going (mostly carrots, and some green beans) and plan to make a variety for their little gourmet palates. I might just dedicate one day a week to this project, so stay on top of it. I also have a food mill I’ll use when they’re a little older. I hope they like it.035

3.  I switched my attire in my closet and drawers from winter to summer, and wore flip flops outside! Who doesn’t love a fresh set of clothes to choose from? Thankfully they fit (for the most part). I was getting so tired of the same old wintery things I wore everyday. I’ll still probably have to shop for some new spring looks to freshen up the old  wardrobe. Darn (hee hee). It is my first spring as a mom, after all.

4. I’ve made a decision that it is time to start working out again. I really, truly didn’t have time for this before now. And I didn’t let myself feel bad about it either. The babies needed me more than I needed exercise. But now with strict naptimes, and the babies sleeping 12 hours a night (we’re still working on them sleeping through that feeding they want between 3-4, but still), I am ready to feel the burn again. I’m starting with Pilates, and will soon fire up the elliptical. Awe, I miss my workouts. It was so faithful before the pregnancy. I hope I can pick up where I left off.

5. And we always have fun with the babes. What would a post be without pictures or videos of them? I know, boring. So here you are.

  Can you see Alex back there?045

Learning time.013

Thank you Britney for taking this precious pic.100_5041[3]

Can we ever take too many bath pictures?022    

6 comments:

Woods said...

I bet it feels so good to get back to your schedule! I can't believe you do all you do. You are so amazing. The babies are getting so big. I could watch those videos all day they are the sweetest things!! Oh and you look so SKINNY! You look great!

Unknown said...

so so cute! and way to go getting all that done! I made baby food for the girls too! time consuming but saved me lots of money! and wow emily you look amazing! I am so jeleous I feel like having twins did a number on my body but look at you! geez! work out for me too k! lol :)

Anne Bowen said...

You are one fabulous girl! Your babies are so darling and it's plain to see that everyone is just thriving! Way to go EM..you are amazing!

melody said...

I love Ruby's little voice. Julia said Ruby "looks like Day-dee, so cute." But she is a little upset right now that the bathtub picture is not a video. Oh brother!

Ooh, your porch looks lovely. I have always dreamed of a screened-in porch, especially for those summer nights. Glad you are enjoying it.

Amber said...

You are amazing and can I just say you look fantastic you skinny girl! Your babies are precious I can't get enough of them. I love hearing your routine and seeing all your bottles. I think it is great you are making baby food you go Emily!

Sidra said...

My kids love to watch the videos of your babies. They think they are so cute. So keep them comin'(if you can)!