Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

We had a lovely Easter this year. I can't believe this is already our third Easter together, only married for two of them. We had a nice dinner and Easter egg hunt and Cami's. I contributed the rolls (see daily food photo) and the birthday cake. I made her an orange pound cake with a peach ,vanilla bean compote. The orange flavor wasn't as pronounced as I would've liked, but I know what I'll do differently next time. It was still cake, right? Cami made a great ham, and potato nasty (Graham vernacular for funeral potatoes). Jefferson loved finding and hiding the eggs. We hid them for KC and me to find, (in plain sight, I might add) but would always end up finding them for himself and announce that he had more than we did. We were laughing pretty hard.

Until we have kids to make Easter baskets for, KC and I are having fun doing each others. I got a piano book in mine and we've both been
enjoying the Chopin ringing through our little apartment from our newish little Keyboard we bought to tide us over until a real piano comes along. I also got a little coupon book full of things KC promises he will do with out any hesitation. Some of them are things we have been meaning to do, like a new dresser for me with all purchases included. I like the one that is good for two emergency ice cream runs, or the one that I can fill out for anything I want. It was very thoughtful and made me laugh the whole way through. He got an airplane kit and play dough, and of course we have more candy than we should ever eat. It's awesome. Dark Chocolate Cadbury Eggs, need I say more. Oh wait, yes, Andes mints. Those are worthy enough to mention. It was a great fun day and today I even went to the Easter Egg Roll on the White House Lawn. But that's a long story so there will be a blog.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I wished you lived near me! I would invite you to dinner all the time. (And ask you to bring dessert...)

Cami said...

FA-LABULOUS cake. It was delicioso. I enjoyed for breakfast as well. Those rolls were good stuff too. I ate way too much. Argh! Anyway, I love that picture of the eggs. What a classic.

Janice Graham said...

Thanks for the Easter update. When I see the pictures I can imagine I'm there and feel all's right on the east coast. Those rolls. And vatta cake.